Genital HSV-1.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Life after diagnosis. Words of Encouragement. Here's my story.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing your story Jessica. I'm currently going through this, I'm a carrier of hsv2 and dealing with the flight of guys when I tell them. Some disappear, the nicer ones back away slowly. I've been very depressed. I have friends who say don't tell, but I could never do that. I can't find much info of spread if you are a carrier. Hearing your story is comforting.

Thanks

Jacqui

• Posted

I know how you feel. How old are you if you don't mind me asking. There is also sights for those of us who do have GH, and are single and looking to mingle!

• Posted

Hi jess,

I know you wrote this a long time ago, but I just wanted to say this as been the most encouraging information  about GH I’ve seen on the Internet! I’m really struggling at the minute to comprehend it, as I just think in so much detail about how it changes my life and it really scares me.

I found out I had genital hsv 1 in summer 2017 after a one night stand on holiday! 

I cried for days and it really upset me! It just makes me think that I’m never gonna be able to have a relationship, as their are so many other women in the world that don’t have it, why would the guy choose me, you know! 

I already have depression which makes things 100x worst!  when I talk to guys, I dont put any effort in and try make it fizzle out as I don’t want to disclose what I have. 

Just wanted to say thank you because you definitely have given me a bit of hope about my diagnosis. 

• Posted

Hi Younggirl1998,

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on. Hope all is well! Feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to!

• Posted

Encouraging words!!! I’m new to the whole thing and may be sending questions your way biggrin xxxxx
  • Posted

Hello jessica

I came across your wonderful words. 

I m a man with a new diagnosis of hsv2. 

I did not approach sex since diagnosis. 

Please tell me what things you do to ensure that you do not transfer hsv to your partner?

Suppressive medications?? Or others??

I really want to know from you. 

Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.