Genital warts ? Someone please help..

Posted , 3 users are following.

i noticed my vagina was very itchy, and i began go scratch and scratch and i believe these bumps came from that? i did NOT feel them before i started scratching, i went to the walk in clinic and showed the doctor this exact image and told me it was no way warts and infact a yeast infection. im on my second day of the medication and the irritation seems to be going down but im still verry worried and it looks like warts someone please help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I'm very glad you contacted me! Let's help you out.

First: when was the last time you had a Pap smear?

2. Your age

3. Have you had any STDs before?

4. Sexually active?

5. Which medications are you on right now?

So here is the thing, what call bumps are just your hymenal remnants, if its painful to the touch, then it might be a vulvar vestibulitis (nothing bad).

Recommendations: get a pelvic examination, and a Pap Smear and HPV PCR test.

Conclusion : it is highly unlikely that these bumps are warts. Genital warts tend to have a cauliflower shape and small multiple cells, not such a large lumb.

Best wishes!

• Posted

thank you for your reply! im 23, no std or sti, previous check in feb this year as well as a pap. these all came back negative ! im currently not sexually active. to be honest i dont know if these bumps were present at the time of me being examined,

• Posted

With your clinical history it seems highly unlikely its HPV, its very common to confuse VP and hymenal remnant with genital warts. A lot of people think they "loose" the hymen, but its truly never lost, and what it leaves behind are these remnants.

So relax. Big smile right? Good to know!

Wishing you prompt recovery from your chest infection!

• Posted

Dr. Im in desperate need of help. please check my last 2 posts. One is about bumps i seem to have attached to my hymen from the inside, the other wonders if I have lichen since my vulva skin is not okay. please read them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.