GenitalWsrts or Vestibular Papillomatosis??

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey so I recently went to the doctor to be checked about these finger like projections on the side of my vag lips. She said it’s warts but they don’t have the appearance of warts at all. It looks more likevestibular papillomatosis and I did the vinegar test to see if it turned white and it changed color like to a whitish color. So, Im just really confused and anxious and don’t know what I have really. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It does sound like papillomas. I’d get a second opinion. Perhaps go to a genito urinary clinic.
  • Posted

I had an itchy spot on my labia. The GP didn't know what it was and gave me some steroid cream which didn't work. Anyhow it seemed to be getting bigger and I was worried that it might be an STI only just appearing after my last encounter years back - or vulval cancer. I know it is rare but I am the right age group. Anyhow I decided to have it looked at by a sexual health clinic as they are used to examining women's bits and must have seen it al!

Result - a skin tag which they froze. I've been worrying about this for a long time and wish I had gone there sooner. There was no embarrassment at all because that's what they do.

No offence to the GP but my recommendation is to go to the experts. You don't even have to go through the GP so in your case it would be a good way of getting a second opinion.

• Posted

I had this. I was diagnosed to have Genital warts. But my papules are not fused in one base. I cme to
    • Posted

I go to 2 doctors Gyne and they have same diagnosis. A genital warts. I undergo papsmer and still waiti g for results. I was given aldara cream by the first doctor. The second, she said we'll wait for the papsmear result first. Im worried. Cos they are like more to grow, small ones are still about to pop out and other are longer already.

• Posted

I checked mine to with vinegar. It turns white but then for a few seconds or a minute it gets back to pink. I went to 2 gyne and diagnosed to be warts. I cant post photo coz im using my phone. But in my profile picture thats what my papules look like. Both of my labia minora and some are still small and about to grow.
    • Posted

Yeah maybe turned white then went back to pink papules. Okay I look at it.
    • Posted

Hi chris thank you for replying. What do the procedure that they frooze? Arent they gonna remove the papules? I tried the vinegar remedy for about 2days now. And others popped off and some turned black then when i woke up some are turned small. My labia now is red. I have next appointment by nextweek. Waiting for papsmear result
    • Posted

Oh sorry.. I mean alex.. smile
  • Posted

I’ve had a Pap smear 4 times this year and all came out negative. Two different gynecologist looked and said bumps looked normal. But when I asked one of it was VP she said no. I did the acid test and it came out white. I made a appointment for Monday to get a third opinion. Should I listen to the internet or the doctors I don’t know. Did you go back?
    • Posted

But VP is normal and harmless. You need a dermatologist not a gynaecologist.
  • Posted

I had biopsy. And It revealed MULLERIAN PAPILLOMATOSIS. I haven't tried Dermatologist yet.

• Posted

THose are benign without any symptoms or complication, right?
    • Posted

Yes. It is benign. No other symptoms and complications. Just like, VP. They are normally a part of our genital. It just happen that some has this kind of genital skin with papilloma. I'm happy to share it with you guys.

• Posted

Yes. It is benign. No other symptoms and complications. Just like, VP. They are normally a part of our genital. It just happen that some has this kind of genital skin with papilloma. I'm happy to share it with you guys.

• Posted

Just as I thought. Women seem to get so panicky when they see these harmless lumps. What surprises me is how little many of the medical profession know about them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.