GenitalWsrts or Vestibular Papillomatosis??

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey so I recently went to the doctor to be checked about these finger like projections on the side of my vag lips. She said it’s warts but they don’t have the appearance of warts at all. It looks more likevestibular papillomatosis and I did the vinegar test to see if it turned white and it changed color like to a whitish color. So, Im just really confused and anxious and don’t know what I have really. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This sounds like genital warts to me. From what I've read, papillae are different from warts in some ways. Here, you can check:

Papillae:

grow in a line and are symmetrical

Warts:

spread around randomly

Papillae:

only occur on your labia minora or vulvar vestibule

Warts:

can occur anywhere on the outer or inner vagina

Papillae:

are pink and shiny

Warts:

can be a variety of colors and are dull

are soft when you touch themare firm or hard

Papillae:

the base of each is separate from the others

Warts:

the bases are all connected together

Papillae:

don’t change color when exposed to acetic acid

Warts:

turn white when exposed to acetic acid

• Posted

Papillae:

are soft when you touch them

Warts:

are firm or hard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.