Getting old

Posted , 9 users are following.

On 3 1/2 weeks of celexa. So tired of the sleepless nights and dont know how.much longer can deal with the anxiety attacks. They are worse than before i was on the drug. Brain burning feeling not good either. When is enough enough. Or try something else. I know it take 4-6 weeks hoping I can get there. Only at 10 mg. Super sensitive. Contemplating having to quit my job due to the increased anxiety symptoms which I know is adding to my anxiety. Maybe I'm just not thinking straight with lack of sleep. Felt.better for a few days in weeks 1 and 2.

0 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So your not taking anything for sleep..?
    • Posted

No just the Benzo last night and it didn't help. I usually sleep like a rock but not lately.

• Posted

Try some Benadryl..and if that doesn't work ask gp.for ziplocone..

• Posted

Starting to think i should drop back down to 5 mg. Hate the restlessness /antsy feeling I've been having.

• Posted

Perhaps..that's what I did when first started I drop from 20 to 10..and recover on 10...same reason as you the irritability was no joke..

• Posted

Thanks for all your help--I have had 3 pretty good days (and nights) since going back to the 10mg tablet and not splitting the 20.  Only little anxiety once in awhile during the day--but that is tolerable.  Hopefully the good days continue.  Meds are crazy--especially when sensitive to them.  
  • Posted

Had same symptoms as you so your not alone I've recently stopped taking it which I don't advice them headaches have gone now for me so it is down to cirtalapram best advice is to speak to your GP which is what I'm doing as withdrawels are horrible see your GP and get advice you may need to try another drug cirtalapram isn't for me at all hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Mama,

Yes drop to 5 for a week or so then go to 10. I did it and it helped. You can even cut the pills in 4 quarters. Try to wind down and read before bed and definitely cut out caffeine and try meditation. Just be positive. Don’t quit your job. Stay with it. I felt the same way. But having a job forced me to focus and I believe it helped me get through this blip. I do take Xanax to help me sleep only .25 and maybe 1 or 2x a week. Keep us posted how you are please. 

Will😎

• Posted

Last night was better. Actually got some sleep. Woke up with some anxiety and shaky but hoping this will pass. I do have something I can take if need be. I was actually cutting 20 I to 10s and just got the 10 pills. We're thu king maybe the different fillers in the 20 were effecting me. I'm very sensitive to meds. So will stay on 10 a little while longer and if still a problem will drop to 5. Almost to 4 weeks, should start to level off soon I would think.

• Posted

Sound like a good plan. Keep me posted how you are doing. Good luck 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Was anxious today u till about noon then it quit. Afternoon was good. Ate a good supper and actually went uptown to watch a ballgame and got to visit with some friend so all on all a pretty decent day. Still some weird sensations but hoping they will subside.

• Posted

That great you had a good day. I love going to see a live game. It makes me forget everything. Keep up the good work. Do some walking it helps a lot. I walk 30 min about 4-5x a week. I sleep better less anxiety and I feel better. 

Keep us posted how you do. I’m start week 19 tomorrow on 10mg. 🙏🏻

Will😎👍🏼👍🏼

What were the weird sensations?

• Posted

Every now and then I get burning sensations in head or arms. Or I get very antsy cant sit still feeling. Today my arms just feel weak and feel a little internally shaky but otherwise okay. I have been making myself do more things and finally feel I can do more. Then I'll hit like a wall and just have to go rest for awhile. I just keep telling myself I gotta get thru this and it will get better. All the support on this forum has really helped make it on the tough days.

• Posted

I agree with you about support on this forum. It helps me tremendously. That burning will dissipate, trust me. Just keep positive. Put headphones on with good music and close eyes and do breathing excercises. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hope all is going well with you.  This week has been a tough one.  We loved our vacation and had a great time, doing things I pushed myself to do and am proud of accomplishing.  On our trip we learned our good friend with pancreatic cancer passed away.  That was a tough one.  The prayer service was last night and the funeral today.   My husband helped him farm and I watched there kids--they were like our family.  So many similaries between his death and my dads that it has made this week pretty hard.  I also had my re-licensing yesterday so that upped my stress--all went well and its over now for a couple years.  Been a stressful week--but I got through it.  Had some anxiety attacks, but made it though them.   Sorry to go on and on.  The weather is beautiful and I should go get some work done.  Thanks for listening.
    • Posted

Hey Mama, 

I so glad you are done with the work visit apprehension. I ve been thinking of you. Chill out and breathe. It’s over. I’m sorry for your loss and it is bringing back slot of memories of your Dad. It bitter sweet. Life has so many turns. I’ll check in with you over the weekend. I need to get some sleep. 💤💤💤

Will😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.