Getting old

Posted , 9 users are following.

On 3 1/2 weeks of celexa. So tired of the sleepless nights and dont know how.much longer can deal with the anxiety attacks. They are worse than before i was on the drug. Brain burning feeling not good either. When is enough enough. Or try something else. I know it take 4-6 weeks hoping I can get there. Only at 10 mg. Super sensitive. Contemplating having to quit my job due to the increased anxiety symptoms which I know is adding to my anxiety. Maybe I'm just not thinking straight with lack of sleep. Felt.better for a few days in weeks 1 and 2.

0 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I would stick with it if you can for a couple weeks more. And wouldn't recommend chucking your job in, whilst you are in this mindset. Are you able to take time off sick or reduce hours temporarily? And actually having something to go to, can focus you away from your mental state. All the best to you x

• Posted

Thanks Ruth.  I actually work from home, but it can be a very stressful job--can work almost 12 hours a day 5 days a week.  I cant reduce hours until i redo my contract but that is coming in Sept so will definately be going down in hours.   I do have some vacation time coming in august and have taken an extra day off a week which helps.  I agree on going somewhere helps.  When I am home all day I can get wrapped up in my thoughts and self analyzation.  Thanks for your kind words.  I am trying to stick the job out for now.  Yesterday was better so hopefully more good days continue.   I do really like my job most days and the thought of finding something else kinda sucks too. 
    • Posted

Oh my gosh yes, I know that self analysing. Hope you are feeling some improvement. I think you posted somewhere that you've been on celexa for 5 weeks now? Still considered early days, often takes about 6 to 8 to really start working.

I always know I have turned a corner when I stop checking how I feel all the time. Having some days of forgetting to check at the moment, but it's also early days for me in increasing the dosage.

• Posted

Yeah its still early as today is 5 weeks. It has helped in some areas like the attacks aren't quite as long but hoping it would help more. Have friends going through tough terminal medical issues and that make a me worry about every ache and pain too. The last few days have been a little rougher but I always seem to get worse around that time of month so hoping that's all this is, that and horrible anxiety before/after bowel movements which is dumb. Praying all starts improving before we go on vacation in August.

• Posted

Oh yes, hormone shifts definitely affect everything. Similarly, had a rough day yesterday. The ups and downs of recovery..... its really testing. Wishing you a better day today, hang in there!

Recovery is slow, but inevitable.

• Posted

Thanks you Ruth.  This morning has been better thus far.  Seems like mornings are the hardest.  That and yesterday day when I went grocery shopping  it overwhelms me for some reason.   I had someone with me which does help otherwise I probably would've just walked out, but powered through and hey I have food in the house again! Lol.   Hope your day goes well today!   

• Posted

Mama,

I had the burning sensations and sweats up to 6th week. So you are almost there. Trust me and I’m sensitive to meds. Always have been. How are you today? 

Will 😎

• Posted

Doing pretty good today, started out shaky but we ended up getting and shoveling 2 trailer loads of mulch today around the yard, so now just tired and was too busy to be anxious.  Should sleep good tonight!  
    • Posted

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼Great to hear your good today. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hope your doing better today! Yesterday was a big victory for me--it was a good day and we visited a relative in the hospital which was hard cause she was in the same area as my dad was when he was diagnosed with a a brain tumor that took his life several years ago, walking those same halls was hard but I made it through without too much anxiety. Win on that one!! This morning back to work and somewhat anxious this morning. Doesn't help my kid is leaving for camp for the week today. At least its a short work week! Hoping for more victories as the week goes on.

• Posted

Well the last few days have been pretty good. Little anxiety during day but that's about it. Last night woke up again to anxiety attack and burning sensations. Almost to week 5 on meds. Hoping it's just a little blurp on way to healing. Dr says if continues might start on busperion with celexa but would rather not. Has anyone e done those two together? Still antsy this morning. Praying the rain stops here we've had horrible flooding in the area and where my kid is at camp they had 8 inches and more expected today. That's probably why I'm antsy.

• Posted

Hang in there Mama! 

Sorry no experience with burspar. I take Xanax when needed and it helps with sleep and the anxiety. It’s definitely a blip. It’s the roller coaster ride with this med. I’m saying a 🙏🏻 For you to get through this. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hopefully your feeling better these days! Today's been another difficult one. Not sure why I get panic attacks while grocery shopping but glad I had someone with me. I worked through it and made it with all the groceries I needed. Backs been hurting so I think I'll do a clonazepam when I get home and see if that helps relax everything. This too shall pass--i pray! Hope u have a great day!

• Posted

Hi Mama,

Thanks for asking about me. My job consumes me all day.  I’m better with my teeth and the swelling is almost down since being on antibiotics now 5 days. I’m having anxiety a lot the past 2 days. I have a root canal scheduled for Tuesday morning. I’ve never had one of course It had to be in my top molar. You need to start a daily journal. It will help you to look back and see how you’ve progressed. It has helped me a lot. Panic attacks come out of the clear blue. I was getting mine up to 7 weeks on 10mg. I had to cut caffeine out which helped. I also cut a lot of sweets out. Are you still cutting your pills in half and still at 10mg. I’m glad I never increased my dosage. You will get better. It’s a slow process. I’ll pray for you🙏🏻. I have to laugh . I haven’t seen the saying “this too shall pass” in a long time. My Dad’s favorite line. Whenever I was going through a rough patch. I get a note in the mail with something comical and “this too shall pass” and he and you are right it will pass. Go for a walk put headphones on zone out to your favorite music. Call me in the morning! No co-pay today. Lol lol 🌻

Keep me posted.

Will😎

• Posted

Thanks Lois I’m having anxiety if having that novicane. I spoke with the dr and told him no epinephrine and he agreed. I guess I’ll have to take Tylenol for pain afterwards. Which it doesn’t work for me. I’ll tough it out! 

• Posted

As long as your not having stomach issues with like bleeding is ok to take some Aleve for a few days..I know it says no nsaids.but that's mainly for folks with weak stomach or stomach bleeding issues mainly the elderly .

• Posted

I’m ok with my stomach. At least I can try the aleve. I’ve been eating well with this antibiotic I’ve gained a pound this past week but I’ll lose it once I start walking again when the heat dissipates. I take the celexa 1 1/2 hrs after the antibiotic so I’m eating double. 😬😬 

Thank you!

• Posted

Thanks Will.  I used to journal and it did help clear my mind, I will have to start that up again.  Good luck with your root canal.  I see the dentist on monday--just a cleaning though--I hope!  It seems I have more attacks in the morning which is good to know to in dealing with them.  When you said your Dad used to say that it reminded me of my Dad and how he used to tell us "We don't have bad days, we have character building days, because we are Blessed and Highly favored!"  I needed to remember that today---remembering that these tough days may help us help someone down the road.  Doing good this morning.  My daughter comes home from camp today so excited to see her!  I'll pray that everything goes well for you on Tuesday!  

• Posted

Hey lois, question for you. I lve been on 10 mg for 7 weeks now. Last week was really good, felt like old self. This week is really not good. Very anxious and panic attacks, at night brain burns and last night felt like couldnt think straight--like dreaming and would tgink of wrong words for things. Is this normal to have weeks like tgis? This morning super shaky. How do u know if u need to increase dose? Frustrating since last week was so good!

• Posted

The question is how do you know not to increase your dose..by having last week as a good week is definitely working for you .now if you weren't having any good weeks perhaps..but since you are, stay the course..that's my advice from experience on ten milligrams..and all your side effects your having I call them waves are all too common for most folks including me..

• Posted

Thank you so much! Thats what i was thinking too, sometimes the drs think every issue needs an increase and i really dont want to do that either. Doesnt help theres been a lot of stressful stuff going on as of late again. Have a great day and ill just tell myself this too shall pass. 😏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.