Getting old

Posted , 9 users are following.

On 3 1/2 weeks of celexa. So tired of the sleepless nights and dont know how.much longer can deal with the anxiety attacks. They are worse than before i was on the drug. Brain burning feeling not good either. When is enough enough. Or try something else. I know it take 4-6 weeks hoping I can get there. Only at 10 mg. Super sensitive. Contemplating having to quit my job due to the increased anxiety symptoms which I know is adding to my anxiety. Maybe I'm just not thinking straight with lack of sleep. Felt.better for a few days in weeks 1 and 2.

0 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Wow it’s great to remember our folks. Actually my partner sent me a saved voicemail from my Dad yesterday. What a coincidence it was so good to hear his voice it perked me right up 👍🏼👍🏼. I hope you had a great day with your daughter and your feeling ok. I had to laugh again if you need exercise get another trailer of mulch and stop by that’s what I need.

Enjoy your quality time with your daughter. Thanks for remembering me on Tuesday. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hope your dentist went well Will. My last few days were good. Yesterday I felt like my old silly self. I made it thru dentist and acupuncture and chiropractor with no attacks! Today has been more of a struggle with a few attacks and my hearing is muffled and headache ,body aches, and weird full body cold sensations. Not sure why but every annoying after such a great day yesterday. Then I over think symptoms and freak myself out--my dad died of brain tumor so that's where my mind goes. I know it's stupid but it is what it is. Well hopefully my afternoon will go better. Thanks for listening.

• Posted

Last night was another rough one. Had a migraine and nauseated so took some extra strength tylonol and went to bed. Woke up with brain burns and not being able to think straight. Course then i overthink and make it worse. This morning really shaky. Doesnt help its rainy and yucky out. Hoping this passes and can get back to good days again. Sorry to vent. Thanks for listening.

• Posted

Mama, 

I’m a good listener. Yeah when it rains it’s harder for me also. I also had a hard day. I’m yawning so much today. It reminds me of when I was just starting the meds as a side effect. Are you getting enough sleep? 

• Posted

Trying to get enough sleep. Ive been waking up a awhile at night with brain burns again, but last night didnt last as long. Getting away for the weekend with spouse and no kids so just relaxing and taking it easy. Gope your day goes well today
  • Posted

MaMa!!😇😇

Thanks for thinking of me. You are just to cute! Yes it wasn’t as bad as I thought. I was in the chair 1 1/2. But it went fast he chatted with me. I could say much except for a 👍🏼 Or a grunt or groan. He loaded me up with novacaine. He could of drilled to Europe and back. Lol I did develop a cough and cold which is not pretty! I came home and chilled all day. I do have a headache. I took 2 Advil which is not good with celexa BUT like the dr said if I do it for a short period I’ll be fine. I took 2  6 hrs ago and will take another 1 before bed if I need it. I’ll do a post. Enough of me! Omg don’t over think the symptoms. Those are exactly what I had. They come and go. I know it’s hard losing someone close to you. 

My best friend Rosemary of 30 years died of a brain tumor. I was with her every step of the way. It’s been 4 years and I still .....😢 odd thing she was the head of a hospital and still could not be saved. So for Rosemary, she would say Pick yourself up and put your big girl panties on! I loved that line. Thanks for making me think of her and that saying. She was a big time movie buff trivia. 

Your at 5 1/2 weeks at 10mg I looked back at my journal and I still had a lot of symptoms but not as intense and I had a couple of good hours during the day. Your doing great just be positive. I still have anxiety but I have to walk and it’s much better. It’s so hot out to walk. I hope I helped you and your afternoon was better. 🌻🌷🌹💐🌺🥀🌸🌻

Will😎

• Posted

Hope ur doing well. Last week was a good week for me. This week not so much. Today ive been battling with the inner shakiness and anxiousness. Hoping its just a day thing. Weve been pretty busy. Allergies flaired some today too so starting meds for thise tonight--hoping it doesnt cause more problems. Thanks for listening!

• Posted

I’m ok still battling the root canal and it’s a bad infection . The endodontist had to clean my 4 canals again and put more medicine in them. He also continued my antibiotics and I might have to go on a stronger one if the face pain doesn’t go away. I take Flonase for my allergies and it’s ok with our celexa.

I’m glad you had a good week last week. Try to do some walking it helps with the anxiety. 🌻🌻🚶🏻???🚶🏼??? 

Will😎

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you've had to deal with infection with the root canal.  That stinks.  Last night I was up again for a little while and this morning is somewhat nervous but okay.  I forgot to start the allergy med last night-we had gone to visit a friend with cancer and got home late and totally forgot--whoops.  So will see how today goes.  I've been thinking about vacation coming up and i know that should be a relaxing thought and usually is, but this time it causes anxiety.  We are going somewhere weve never gone before and its a long car ride (18 hours) but I know that we will have fun while there.  Hope you start to feel better soon! Thanks for the tip on the flonase-- that is one I take, usually with zyrtec but I quit zyrtec after being on it everyday for a few years--increased my heart palps.  So I am trying Claratin again.  Hopefully that will work!  Have a good rest of the week!

• Posted

Hoping your week is better this week and the infection you had is getting better.  My weekend was good.  It was nice to get away.  Saturday kept getting heart palps and felt like couldn't breathe.  But by later afternoon that subsided some.  We didn't do a whole lot but thats okay too.  Yesterday felt pretty good so we did shopping, tried out some new restaurants, and went kayaking for an hour before coming home.  Sore today and a little antsy but hoping for a good day.  Trying to not overthink everything.  I think a hard battle for me is knowing if I'm on the right dose or needing more or less.  Crazy.  I have a unannounced check for my home-based job by the end of the month and they haven't come yet so that has me on edge too.  But at least I have gotten some decent sleep the last two nights. 

• Posted

I’m glad you got away for the weekend. It does the body good and it shows you got some sleep. 😇 you will do good with your home check for Work. Please do your breathing and your like me. I analyze everything. That’s what I do for a living lol I analyze data. It can make me crazy. I’m also thinking if I’m on the right dose. I’m st 10 mg still 5 months. I’m starting to having sleep problems again. I finished my antibiotics yesterday morning. My pain has subsided but my head has slot of pressure and hurts. I have so much mucus. I’m overthinking it and it gets worse. I’m putting my headphones on and doing meditation. 🙏🏻🙏🏻  

Have a good night 💤😴. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hope your week is going better and your feeling better. This week has been pretty good for me. Ill take the good days! I got a call from my my inspector today that told me they lost all my paperwork so now i may have to redo it all if they cant find it and now can come unannounced anytime through august. Aggg. Well at least they wont be here today which works for me! Have a great day!

• Posted

What an ordeal!!

Well I finished 3 weeks of antibiotics for my abscess and 4 visits to the 

Endodontist for root canal which he finished today. I still have pain if I put pressure on my gum. He told me my infection is gone and the pain will subside over the next few weeks as it has been.  He took several exrays. He told me that the hole in my bone will fill itself and that will subside the pain . My next step is the next dentist to get a crown. This was my first root canal. Ugh!!!!! Then my hot water heater was leaking and not realizing it. My Hall way wood floors are warped. I had the water heater replaced today! 

So I’m very elated you had a good week! I can’t believe they lost the paperwork. It sounds like some people that work for me. Well I’m sure you will do fine. You sound organized. I find with the celexa I’m more focused. Well mama I’m going to 💤💤💤. Keep me posted of how the rest of the week goes. 

Will😎

• Posted

I hope this week is good for you. I’m doing better. My headaches have deminished the past 3 days. It must of been the infection in my gum bone. It makes me 🤔! Doctors are not miracle workers. But I’m very disappointed that no one had found it earlier.

How are you doing ?

Will😎 

• Posted

Glad you are feeling better!  Sometimes I think that if it's not textbook the doctors just don't know.  Sometimes I feel like we just get passed off to someone else anymore.  I would be disappointed as well.  You've had to deal with that for awhile!   I am having a pretty good week.   Been feeling pretty good and getting excited to go on vacation for 10 days in a few weeks.  Got to spend time with extended family on saturday at a reunion which was fun to catch up with cousins and aunts and uncles. We spent Sunday kayaking for like 4 hours on a lake near us and the water was like glass and weather was great.  I love getting out in nature and enjoying the peacefulness of it.  It helps that my inspector found my paperwork and she felt so bad that instead of unannounced visit she told me the day she is coming on--which helps me tremendously.  I dont care for the not knowing, always being on alert.  Praying that the good days continue!!!  Hope your days continue to get better as well!!

• Posted

Will20275-Hope your headaches have continued to diminish this last week.  Hard to get things done with them.  I have had another good week--a few blips here and there but nothing too serious.  Helps that I've stayed very busy.  We are building a shed so lots heavy lifting this weekend.  Pretty sore today-LOL.  Went to visit friend that has cancer and on hospice now--that was really tough, but the fact I made it though with no attacks was a huge step for me.  I was even able to control my overthinking afterwards.  Brought back too closely the last days my dad was with us.    I see my therapist and accupuncture again today so I should be good to go for vacation!  Hope things are looking up your way and you have a great week!

• Posted

I’m doing much better. In fact I took off today through Wednesday and am at the Jersey Shore. The ocean is awesome and breathtaking the salt water helps the body. It’s great relaxing. There’s nothing like the summer at the shore. 

I even had a glass of wine last night with dinner and I slept 8 1/2 hrs. I haven’t done that in months. I am a big advocate of acupuncture. I’ve been going to Dr. Lee for 9 years. He’s been a real help with pain management for me. 

I’m addicted to cupping. I find when I do acupuncture I need to not do anything after it just relax and chill with a book or music. I’m so glad you are doing well. 

See we can get through this👍🏼. I’m booked Thursday to have my tooth capped or whatever they need to do. How long has your dad been gone? Keep up the great progress!😇😇🙏🏻🕺🏼

Will😎

• Posted

So glad you are doing better as well!  Enjoy your time away!  I think we all need that de-stress time.   We leave for Tennessee this week.  Its a long drive but so looking forward to the mountains.  Oceans and mountains are my favorite places.  Accupuncture went well.  Pretty sore yet today--he hit some definate needed areas!  My dad passed away 7 years ago this november from a rare aggressive brain tumor.   Very sudden.  So this time of year is always a little more difficult.  Trying not to focus on that time but the good times we had.  This week would have been my parents 50th wedding anniversary so thats a little tough too.  He was only 62 when he passed.  
    • Posted

Hope your time away was good for you! We left today for our 14 hour drive. Been battling sone anxiety attacks but only last a few minutes at a time. Hopefully they will slow done as i relax.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you were battling anxiety this weekend as well. Hopefully its getting better each day. Today for me was good, we were at an amusement park with the kids and it was hot! But a good day none the less. I stopped the allergy med for now unless i really need it, and added back the probiotics. Tomorrow i am really challenging myself but its something ive dreamed of doing since i was a kid so i am making myself do it. I skipped out 11 years ago and regretted it since so praying our whitewater trip goes well. Loving our smokey mountain views each day! Saturday our backseat window shattered from we believe was a rock- right onto my son, but he was okay and nobody was hurt. We even found a person to fix it before our 20 hours home! Thankgoodness! Have a good rest of the week!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.