Getting out and about

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi lovely s, I’m only into my 7th day pre op and was wondering how long is it before you can get out for a walk ( 1 hour ) going stir crazy already, got what I call a bobble between bum and vagina will this go, had a look yesterday didn’t like what I saw , I’m trying to rest but I’m such a fidget 😳

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What did you have done? 

I’m 9 days post op with rectocele repair. Only seen the walls of the house and hosp in that time! Doesn’t seem like a long time but it really feels like it, so I sympathise! 

I’m not in any pain but I had a hematoma so I’m advised to rest more so the bleeding will settle. Very boring and frustrating. 

• Posted

I had the same op , thing is you feel like you can do lots but as soon as you try , my back is saying no lol 
    • Posted

Lol my back seems ok. It’s more of a pressure I feel and I’m still bleeding a fair bit. Have you had much bleeding? Just can’t wait to be on the mend. Surprised at how awful this op was and how slow recovery is x
    • Posted

My bleeding has been ok not much at all , yes I have still got a bit of pressure but that’s when I rest for a couple of hours on my bed , we will get there love just keep thinking how better we are going to be after years of feeling uncomfortable x
  • Posted

Hi Margaret,

I was told to start doing two 5 min walks around 2 weeks post op and build up too two 2o min walks by 6 weeks post op, then continue building up slowly listening to your body.

There is a 'useful resources' section at the top of this forum page just scroll down till you find south teea which is particuarly informative.

Take care,

Phyl x

• Posted

Thankyou great info , I don’t want to have this op again so think I’m going to do as I’m told 😳

• Posted

Hi, I am 57 and 10 days post op for Rectocele, Cystocele repair (aka posterior and anterior repair) and sacropinious fixation. I was 3 nights in hospital. 9 days post op I went for a short walk in the fresh air, about 20 minutes. All went fine and I have been out again pottering around a couple of garden centres also for about 20 minutes X 2. I was grateful to sit on one of those special prolapse cushions to support my nether regions in the 30 minute car journey and I was ready to rest up when I got home! An hours walk post op would have been too much for me....whereas pre prolapse I would happily walk for hours over rough ground, I would recommend starting with 15 to 20 minutes and building up from there. I walked with a friend to her  house for coffee for my first trip. The bleeding increases with the activity, but nothing serious. I will be back having a little walk each day. 

I am not sure what you mean by a bobble, but do take care. I actually find walking or standing more comfortable than sitting at the moment. However, even after the op, sitting is more comfortable now than it as before the prolapses were treated so I am feeling very positive and looking forward to a good recovery. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Xx

• Posted

It's been said many times on here that the "prolapse cushions" you mention are not good post-op. They may have been pre-op, but not after prolapse surgery. They put extra strain on the operated area. 

• Posted

Thanks for the heads up on the prolapse cushion. I didn't know they were not good post surgery. I will look it up on this forum. I find it comfortable as it supports my tail and front whilst the undercarriage floats! Maybe I should just sit on a feather pillow or recline gracefully on a chaise long whilst I heal. 

• Posted

Thanks Margaret. I am day12 post op now? I did venture a little look a few days ago down below expecting to see bruising, swelling, stitches etc but was amazed that it all looked lovely with no outward sign other than the blood flow that anything has been done. All my work on the Rectocele, Cystocele and sacropinious fixation must be tucked up inside. I was so thrilled, (if that is the right word!) to look at my tush and not see the prolapses. Mind you the tiredness and feeling of pulling remind me something has been done and although I have reduced or stopped many of the painkillers, I still need to take some each day.
    • Posted

I am 5 Days post op

And I had a look as well as lots of bruising I can see what looks like I have extra skin or scar along perineal but I only thought they cut inside vagina? 

• Posted

I had a A&P April 2016 and if I say so myself not a nice operation I totally get what you are saying my bobble felt like a hard lump at the back but it will go down it is the stitches healing chic, only do what your body allows and do not pick anything up that is heavey

Happy healing xx

• Posted

Thankyou Gillian that’s really put my mind at rest, and glad your over it and well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.