Getting ready for Myomectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies, I am trying to get everything ready before my surgery (myomectomy/ C section?) and was wondering if you could give me some tips as to what underwear, itch creams, etc I could buy. I was looking at amazon at these Post Op Panty Compression Hysterectomy and Myomectomy Recovery Panty But in reality I'm lost. Its my first surgery ever and would appreciate any feedback. 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had my surgery around 11am really bad cramping. Started feeling better a couple hours later like 4 hours later. Went to sleep almost at 12am the doctor came to see me and touched my stomach and just made it much worst hurts non stop more when i breath😢😭😭😭😭😭. Was told i couldn't get a stronger medication😤 that this was the strongest or very strong😬. But i feel like that BS now even when i walk it hurts more😔😕😢😦😧😭😭😭😭😭😭🙁😭😭😭😭😞. Why did she have to touch it🙊 😤😤😤😤😤😠😡😱💀?😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. I get it though she had to see 🤷🏾. It really hirts when i breath i don't know what to do🤔🤔🤔🤔😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭. Has anybody had this problem??? passed gas begore and it didnt hurt TILL SHE TOUCHED IT!!!!SOMEONE HELP?😣?🙁😞😟😤😬😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😧😦😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe you should call the nurse or the doctor back and explain your situation. I would totally take more pain medication. I hope you feel better in no time. All I've heard is that the first two days are hard. My prayers are with you. 

• Posted

Thank you they gave me some new meds. But now the problem is i can't urinate on my own😧😩. I don't know because i feel I've been holding it but when i try nothing . It feels like it's right their at the tip but it just won't come out. Now the have to pu a quick catheter and than outt it out agan 😢😢😢😢 this is so painful. Did you have this problem??? Thanks the prayers🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Posted

The pain you’re feeling is the air/gas that was pumped I you during surgery.  It was so intense and painful the first three days I could barely breathe. In fact the nurses called the rapid response team to help “rescue” me from severe hyperventilating because I couldn’t get a breath in due to pain. Take anti gas pills like gas x and use a heating pad. It helped me. The pain did not subside for about five days. Then the incision/stomach pain took over. Take pain meds and supplement with Tylenol.  It will pass. I’m seven weeks out now and am feeling much better. 
    • Posted

Thank you i will try that gas x. Can you buy that at cvs or Walgreens. So the doctor didn't prescribe you any strong medication?

• Posted

I had strong pain meds that were prescribed. I used those mostly at night and tried to use Tylenol and aleve during the day. Gas x is found at all drug/grocery stores. Take two twice a day until the air goes away and the pain is gone. That pain was far worse than the actual incision pain for me. From my stomach up to my neck. 
    • Posted

They don't want to give me strong medication. The doctor said the medication they've been giving me it's like Vicodin but i heard that would have you feeeling good. but i feel the same pain comes and goes burning. I'm done trying to get these people to give me something strong. Just ready to go home. When i go home and the pain gets worst think I'll go somewhere else and see if i can get something that well have me feeling good. These doctors suck and so does the nurses. Except for one. But i haven't had any problem with gas till the nurse gave me some stool softner and it let all the gas come out. Now i know what ya are talking about it's terrible. Thanks for the advice.

• Posted

Hey Kelly did you legs and feet get swollen??? My legs are but my doctor is acting like it's nothing. Saying because i been in laying in bed. But i was her in November for fluids in my legs. I dont know why shr brushing if if like nothing. I dont belive this is because i've been in bed.

• Posted

I did not have any additional swelling anywhere. That strikes me as odd. I would get up and walk as much as is comfortable. I forced myself to get up and walk the hospital halls and then around the house when I got home. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.