Getting really nervous

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

Only five days to go for colonoscopy, I'm getting so nervous and anxious, imagining all sorts in my head even though I'm trying to stay positive, I suppose if the pain a nd nausea would ease I might feel less frightened, thanks for all your support along the way, hoping for a good result on Thursday

1 like, 92 replies

92 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thinking of you today sweetie, It was not bad at all, my mind was bad but not the prep, so just have positive thoughts, keep a book or IPad with you. Drink lotsa fluids and broths with protien. Take a pill for Anxiety if you are on any, helped me. Rest also. It will be over before ya know it and you’ll have your answers. Keep me posted.  Big hugs 🌺🤗

• Posted

How did it go, do you have Diverticulosis? Did they put you on diet plan? Pls keep me posted. Rest up today. Heating pad and Tylenol. 🤗🌺

• Posted

Kate,

Have you had your colonoscopy? If so, how did it go?

• Posted

Thanks for asking, it went well, no infection or inflammation so they don't know what pain us coming from, but I'm still going to eat a soft diet for awhile, how are you feeling?

• Posted

You must be very relieved! I’m in the same boat as you. Colonoscopy was negative. Still having occasional cramping and soreness. My colorectal surgeon wants me to see a GI doctor to assess whether I may have diverticulitis-induced IBS. 
    • Posted

Yes so very relieved, ws sure I had something terrible going on the pain wS so bad, a lot of it has abated now, just praying it stays that way, especially the leg pain, let us know what your gi surgeon says on your next visit, hope you can be pain free too xx
  • Posted

How are you feeling today? I’m still pretty sore tender and bloated feeling. Keep in touch. Hugs🙏🤗

• Posted

Hi vickie, I'm still bloated, exhausted, feeling like I cud sleep for a month, going to try get as much rest as possible and eat little and often, fingers crossed tahr that pain goes away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.