GF

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi im 29 years old i think im in my 3rd month GF i got my bloods taken feb this year GF was detected in my blood from the past so doctors think from my ongoing symptoms which are sore throat (top left of mouth) painful ear, sore neck, swollen glands under my neck, tender glands all around my body, back pain, hip pain,pins & needles ive now started getting pain in my right forearm it looks like the pain could be coming from one of my veins 🙁 im sick of feeling discomfort every single day and feeling anxious as to which part of my body is going to pain next 🙁

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi! Sorry you are going through this. I am 4.5 months in and my EBV and CMV both showed past infection.. though the CMV was taken at about 4 months after initial symptom onset so who knows maybe I had CMV? 

I understand how you feel wondering what’s next. I wonder.. has anyone had this sick taste in their mouth? Kinda like metal but just kind of.. sick? 

Seems like no matter how much often or well I brush and use mouth wash the taste comes back quickly. I hate it. Almost tastes like an infection if that makes sense.

Currently feel very depressed as the breathlessness and weakness is holding on... I don’t mind the pins but I hate feeling wiped out to do anything sad(!! 

• Posted

Hi Kirsty,

So sorry to hear you've been so unwell with GF or a similar type virus. Really empathising having went through the virus myself over 10 years ago. After 3 month my body was in bits too, all sorts of aches, pains, real fatigue, constant low grade fever, lymph node pain. Just want to reassure that things do get better - there is recovery and full health after this, don't panic if it takes a bit of time, that can be normal but you definitely will get there and won't have go through anything like the first 3 months again - that's by far the worst

Taking vitamins and herbs really helped me (still do), including a good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take immunace here in the UK), high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex tablet per day and/or co-enzyme q10 (helps with nervous system and energy) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinicea.

Thinking of you and remember you WILL get better and through this - I was the same thought things would never improve but they did, and they will for you Kirsty I truly believe that.

Hang in there and make sure you get plenty of rest and are kind to yourself!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks craig it really means alot when other people have experienced the same thing its so scary because your not just dealing with one pain but lots of others that I never knew existed 🙁 its says GF had been detected in the past i have never suffered from this before in my life so the doctor is assuming from my symptoms that this is what ive had going to the hospital tonight as im experiencing a stiff feeling in my forearm that i think is coming from one if my veins which keeps swelling up and down i just wish someone could tell me where i am in the recovery process i would actually  do child birth again if it meant i was back to normal again just need to make the best of the good days i suppose thanks against for your advice 😊

• Posted

You're welcome Kirsty, it's so tough I know I just want to encourage you that you will get better from this having went through the same fears. It's just so frustrating that recovery can take a while with this, my doctor at the start when I was diagnosed said 6-8 weeks, and I thought well I can cope with that but it went on a good bit longer, it took me 9 months to see a real turning point but that's not to say that will be the case for you, plus the intensity lessened as time went on. It just seems different folk take different lengths of time to recovery, but key thing to know is that you will recover! You are still young at 29 Kirsty so hang in there and remember there is light at the end of the tunnel even if it's hard to see it now.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks again for your info...your right i dont think the doctors know much about GF it seems if you havent had it yourself   know-one seems to understand/know all the symptoms and to the extent they can affect you...this is what scary to the people who suffer. I really hope i dont have these symptoms for much longer as it really affects your work/home life ive managed to control my anxiety abit more which i think has helped the body pains to be less tense...you need to try over come this nasty virus in your head before you can try fight it properly im so pleased i found this forum listening to everyones different stories/experiences can help people try to understand it abit more.
  • Posted

Hey, I had the exact same symptoms that you have right now months 2 through 10. Around the 10th month my throat cleared up and i became less fatigued and then gradually started improving, right now i'm in my 13th month and I feel 80% normal, the only symptom that I have left is swollen lymph nodes but they don't hurt that much anymore. This disease is extremely harsh and for some reason a lot of doctors don't know that, so you have to be patient and prepare for the hard year or two. Remember that if you don't have HIV or some other disease that affects your immune system then your body will win the fight over this thing, it just takes forever. I know how hopeless you feel right now but it does get better with time.

• Posted

Thank you for your feedback it sounds like youre having a long road to recovery yourself hopefully the end is in sight for you. Could i please just ask out of curiosity did you suffer from a stiff neck i get a pulling feeling that feels quite tight on the left side of my neck (seems to be the most swollen gland on this side too?) just wondering if anyone else had this it affects my neck and throat when i yawn?
    • Posted

Hi Kristy,

I have the same symptoms as most of the people in this forum but I dont know if mine is EBV or not. I have been suffering for almost a year. By saying pulling do you mean twitching? I had twitching at the back of my neck mai ly the right side. I went away after a month or 2. The intersting thing with my case is that I have lots of symptoms but they go away after some time. But the fatigue, swollen lymph nodes and sire throat are there. Hopefully we’ll all get better at one point 

• Posted

Hi christine no it feels like tight its a hard feeling to explain feels like i could strain it at times im not sure if this is to do with the symptoms of GF or down to the swollen gland ive had this from the start and it doesnt seem to be going my spleen however seems to have gotten smaller in size. I had a very sore swollen spleen for about 8 weeks 🙁 i really hope its a sign im on recovery hope you get sorted soon im the same my throat and swollen neck glands dont seem to be moving so im assuming these are the worst areas infected.

• Posted

Ive revently ordered a tincture called ‘poke root’ which is meant to be really good for sore throats and swollen glands this might be worth you trying im on day 2 so ill keep you updated.
    • Posted

Hey Kirsty / all,

I know you're so right when you say overcoming the battle in your head is key, but remember it's physical too and that's what affects the mental side of things. I'm having the same battle with back pain at the moment, finding it difficult to overcome physically and mentally.

Thinking of you all, Catch the Bus and Christine too, I know you guys have been through such a hard time. Kirsty just take it easy especially with the spleen pain, don't do any real exercise and look after yourself at this time!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks craig hopefully you can start to overcome your back pain also 😉 

• Posted

Thanks Kirsty really appreciate your kind words, really hoping so!!
    • Posted

NO mine was like a nerve twitching and pulling from time to time. These swollen glands are awful. Please, keep us updated about how the poke root works for you.
    • Posted

What has your doctor said about your sore throat just with you having otfor so long? Have they gave tou anything to try? 
    • Posted

I have seen 3 ENT doctors. One of them suggested it could be from my impacted tooth. The 3rd one first suggested LPR but after my tonsils kept swelling she ordered MRI with contrast which I'm waiting for.

• Posted

Good luck with your MRI Christine, you've had such a tough time just really hoping this will all settle down soon. Remember there is recovery from this thing, even though for so many (including me when I had it) it didn't feel that way whilst going through it.

Kirsty, Christine, not sure if it would be any good for you to try but one herb that has helped me with mouth / teeth / throat issues in the past has been oregano. Could be worth a try.

Hang in there and thinking of you both today - and remember you WILL get better Kirsty and you WILL get better Christine - trusting God with that and just hang on for now.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks christine ive got a doctors app tomoz so im going to request to see a ENT i dont think they can really refuse me as its went on for 3 months keep us updated with your scan hope you get somewhere with it.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info craig ill try some.... at the moment my cupboard is like a chemist multivitamins, throat spray, ear spray, poke root and echinacea tinctures 😳 just another random question for eveyone did amyone get sore wrists? And did anyone get a little itchy (armpits included) sorry for bothering everyone. Im getting my bloods taken again today to make sure theres no changes then a doc app tomoz to discuss with doctor.

• Posted

Hi Kirsty,

Yes I distinctly remember some itching and the armpits can be a common area because there's lots of glands in there. I had various sore joints and things at different times too, just hoping this all settles soon for you. That's wise to get blood tests done and if it shows normal do take it as reassurance that it's the virus causing this and that it will ease and go away completely in time.

Hope you're feeling not too bad today, thinking of you!

Craig

• Posted

I have itchy legs, to the pint they bleed. I don't know the reason, they say you have dry skin, but I have always had dry skin. I think this is more related to lymphatic system not working properly. 

• Posted

Fingers crossed craig just want to feel myself again my throat, neck, jaw and ear really sore at the moment along with swollen glands 🙁 and my neck feels very stiff and tight (all of these on my left side) checked my mouth for signs of tonisilitus doctors keep saying looks red and inflamed but thts it 🙁 wish there was something they could give me iburofen/paracetamol dont work the best for me..hope everyone has more good days soon my body pains are less intense and i think my spleen has shrunk a little hoping all our nasty symptoms go away very soon!!

• Posted

Oh Kirsty I know I really wish there was something the doctors could give that would kill the virus stone dead. In many ways it would be easier if it was bacterial infection and not viral, as at least they can give antibiotics then.

Really hoping today can be a better today with all these pains, thinking about you still and remember still that you are going to get better - no matter how difficult it seems right now, this all passes and you will feel fit and healthy again once this horrible period is over. Hang in there for now!

Craig

• Posted

Bloods were ok when i went back to the docs however i wasnt impressed with the doctor i saw and feel like im getting nowhere in my surgery he told me that my symptoms have went on to long to be GF he said my lymph nodes were up in my neck and back of neck but didnt bother to do a check anywhere else on my body...im starting to get a little freaked out now as my throat neck jaw and ear are really sore.... surely a sore throat shouldnt last 3 month 🙁 ENT app to follow this week.... 

• Posted

Hi Poppy,

Sorry to hear about not seeing a good doctor and getting much help - I really sympathise with this as I've had so many times I've felt doctors could have done more to reassure me or help me and didn't take enough care. Many doctors, especially GPs, dont' seem to realise how long mono can go on for, want to reassure you that for me it went on for many months but did get better and I've seen the same in the posts of so many folks on the forum here - remember you WILL get better. One lymph node in my neck was painful for months and months, but it did get better along with all the other symptoms.

Hoping the ENT appointment can be more helpful next week. Do take it as encouraging that the bloods are fine, I know the feeling when it's frustrating because you don't want the blood tests to show anything bad but you want some kind of explanation as to why you feel this way - be reassured this means nothing else is wrong and it's most likely to be the mono causing this - but hopefully the ENT folk can be better and take more time and be more supportive. Thinking of you!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.