GF

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi im 29 years old i think im in my 3rd month GF i got my bloods taken feb this year GF was detected in my blood from the past so doctors think from my ongoing symptoms which are sore throat (top left of mouth) painful ear, sore neck, swollen glands under my neck, tender glands all around my body, back pain, hip pain,pins & needles ive now started getting pain in my right forearm it looks like the pain could be coming from one of my veins 🙁 im sick of feeling discomfort every single day and feeling anxious as to which part of my body is going to pain next 🙁

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My blood tests except EBV are ready and the IGG and IGM are normal, just IGG is very close to the highest point. Anyone done these tests? Does this mean I don't have EBV?

• Posted

Sorry Christine I don't have an understanding of the various terms in the blood tests for EBV, all I know is that I tested positive for EBV at the start when I had it and after that the tests showed normal, apart from one other time a couple of years later when it raised again - that made me really worry as though I was going to have to go through it all again, but it settled down very quickly. Remember you can only be infected once with this so nothing can be as bad as the first time that this hits you, any mini-relapses later down the line usually settle quickly.

Hoping this horrible itching settles for you Christine, that sounds a real pain. I think it can be a good sign in a way the itching, means that some kind of healing in the nervous system is happening I think.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig! Still I havent heard back from my Doctor for EBV test results. This means there is nothing to report. I now have this annoying headache only on the right side, needle like stabbing pain. I have so many symtpoms that even I get confused which one I should mention. 

• Posted

Hoping all these symptoms settle down Christine and that the blood results are okay. Take it as reassuring if they are, although i know the frustratings and feelings of not wanting anything bad to show but still wanting an explanation at least for how bad you've been feeling. Other than the first blood test I had with mono, all my other ones during the main period of the virus were fine despite feeling horrible - I couldn't understand it but that seems to be a normal course for the virus, that even after when EBV shows ok in the blood tests, you're still experiencing these horrible post-viral effects which can last for months.

But key thing to remember is that you WILL get better and won't be stuck like this - just hang in there I know how hard it is to deal with a single day when in the worst throws of this virus. This will pass and better and healthy days will be ahead - even if it takes a bit of time I believe that will definitely come for you Christine, trusting God.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.