Giving up again.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys I have stopped drinking again. Last drink of alcohol I had was Tuesday night. Already cannot believe how better I feel. I was always fatigued the day after drinking. Already I am more energised and alert. Alcohol is a terrible drug and the hold it can have on you.

I really hope I can get past day 3 as last month I did not manage to. The biggest impact is that stopping drinking has reduced my depression and severe anxiety which was likely brought to my on by alcohol? The day after drinking I suffered panic attacks and felt low all the time. Funny how today I feel much better.

Anyway I hope you guys are hopefully defeating alcohol, it really is a terrible addiction that I am determined to brush off.

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good for you Gareth!!! 💗 I agree strongly with what you have said. I went through panic attacks having t be sent to the Emergency, depression and feelings of worthlessness and when I stopped drinking just over a year ago I gradually felt much better. Keep it up and push to make it out of that horrible addiction. Defeat it Gareth!!!!

• Posted

I had panic attacks but felt better and stronger after one week already. You can do it 😁

• Posted

Thanks for the replies and support :-) I really want to stop for good. Feeling better this quick is also giving me additional support.
    • Posted

You have had some really encouraging replies Gareth .Things can only get better if you stop so onwards and upwards.You don't need to do this on your own so keep posting here and let us know how you are doing .

• Posted

Still going strong, I'm feeling better each day and happier 😁

• Posted

I've been alcohol free for over a week now, I'm exercising more, eating healthier..... Cannot believe how good I feel all day. Good luck to everyone else quitting.

• Posted

So glad to hear that and that you are updating us here. Very proud of you and keep it up. 🎉🎉🎉

• Posted

Good for you! Remembering what you did yesterday is great and more money in your pocket! Sleeping better as well and a CLEAN conscience as well. Best of luck to you Gareth.
    • Posted

Hi Gareth, I am still doing 2 units a day and at that level I feel soo different (have cheated at weekend).  I can relate to how you feel.  I am aiming to knock out more of it though.  I can't imagine how good I will feel with none of the darn stuff in me - Superwoman smile xx

So glad you are getting there - like a new lease of life ain't it.

G.

• Posted

Hi Gwennie , great to know you are doing so well. Believe me you will feel so soo good without the booze .Most of my days are alcohol free now except for the occasion drink with the Naltrexone.Its a great feeling to wake up without those terrible hangovers and other horrible things isn't it ..You truly are superwoman resisting all those whispering optics glaring at you ...keep rocking on its not exactly bern an easy ride has it !😉😉🚴???🚴???

• Posted

Hi there Nattie.  Yeah, I will keep on rocking on (tho not ready for my chair yet lol).  I do love being able to drive and go off by myself with my fave CD tracks blasting away.  I had stopped doing it coz of the risk of alcohol in y body next day.  Yes the flippin optics still wink at me but I have now gone off the thought of them. 

I am an earlybird and love going for a bike ride at 6am - and now with a clear I can. 

Brilliant work you have done also.  Well worth keeping at it and not giving in - it must help the others  on here who, like me, were really struggling until I had the support from you all.

Great chatting smile x

• Posted

Yes great to have a little chatette Gwennie ..Finding you lovely people with a the support was my salvation too . Am eternally grateful. I really thought before coming here I would never get to grips with a problem that had haunted me most of my adult life. It a great feeling to be proven wrong for once isn't it 😂 🤗🤗

• Posted

Thanks guys the night sweats were the worst part but after a week of them they seem to have disappeared 😀

• Posted

Hi Gareth 

You are an inspiration and I feel you are really going to reach your goal of happiness in sobriety!!!

I have been dry for a week and am feeling a lot better don’t wake up in the middle of the night with the dreaded voice  in my head telling me how useless I am!! I am still getting cravings so my doctor gave me campral I had it before but don’t think I was as determined to stop drinking as I am now!! Just don’t want to feel  bad anymore withdrawals are the worst thing I’ve never had them before and I don’t want them again!! So am really going for gold this time🏅. Good luck to all of you  in this  struggles. 

• Posted

Massive well done to you! A big effort and a much improved lifestyle and better health for you now. You are also an inspiration 😀

• Posted

Thank you Robin 

I am in a better place now and doing this for myself this time!! I just  want to be free of this  burden. 

Am off to work in a moment am  actually looking forward to it no hangover & bright eyed and bushy tailed!!!

Got a big hurdle on Saturday it’s my husband‘s 60th birthday so fingers crossed but I think I’ll be fine 🤞🏻🏅. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply Robin x

• Posted

Thanks Tish, I'm still sober been a difficult 24hrs after falling out with my mother, feel really bad about it but I won't drink as that will make things a lot worse. Glad you are staying sober too.

• Posted

Hi Gareth

Hope it’s not too serious with your mum? I have 4 boys and I hate it if we ever full out thank god it’s not often but if we do I feel so bad it physically hurts!! You’re mum must be proud of you  not drinking? It’s good you haven’t given in to drinking even though you are under stress. You take care and keep going hun🏅😊

• Posted

We've made up now which is good and yes she is happy I've given up, thankfully I'm still sober, still going strong :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.