Giving up hope

Posted , 6 users are following.

Why do I always get to this stage?

All I can explain it as is that I want to run away, but I want to be home at the same time...

But then I don't know where home is?

I don't know if that makes any sense. I just need a break from the relentlessness that is my condition.

The new meds aren't working.

I now have unrelated, feminine, medical issues that are playing into my anxiety.

I can't stop thinking I'm dying.

I'm so absolutely exhausted with this life.

I just want one day where I feel somewhat normal.

Feeling my fight ebb away as I type.

I'm so lonely. And so awake.

Sorry to sound so down, I'm just sick and tired xx

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ask youe doctor about therapy, a combination of meds and speaking to someone may help. I'm currently doing a course called mindfulness which is very helpful for many people struggling with depression ask your doctor if there are any free courses or read a book there's a lot information about it. Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind reply.

Unfortunately I've done all the therapy, the CBT, mindfulness (it didn't work for me but I'm very pleased it is working for you!) counselling, psychology, psychiatry, medication.

I'm currently on a waiting list for the intensive psychotherapy I need but it is 9 months - a year long, which feels like an awful long time to wait.

Thank you for your reply, take care xxx

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that the therapy goes well. Fingers crossed an opening comes up earlier. All the best xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.