Glandular fever/Mono?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm just wandering if it's possible to have glandular fever without having a sore throat? I have been unwell for about 2 months now, it started out as headaches and the feeling that I was getting a cold but after a few days the cold never came out and then I just felt a kind of dizziness ever since but not normal dizziness, more like an unsteady feeling/heavy head. I was basically bed ridden for about 4 days and did feel very unwell. I'm a bit better now but still have the heavy head feeling and mild headaches. My friend told me that she had glandular fever a few years ago and she felt the exact same however she had swollen glands, I haven't had swollen glands that I know I guess it's possible I could of missed them or they weren't as swollen. I know it affects people in different ways but I just want to know if any of you have had similar experiences. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Definitely! 

When I went to the doctors and found out my tonsils were swollen, I didn't have a sore throat at that time. It came on a few days later, though. 

Went for a checkup a few weeks ago, and still don't have a sore throat. It feels dry. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.