Glans irritated after using skin oil + red frenulum

Posted , 22 users are following.

In the month March the foreskin was pulled back too far, while the glans was a bit dry. After that, the frenulum was red. There was no blood, no tear, it was just red. I gave it some rest, but unfortunately the red color did not disappear in the months later. 5 weeks ago i had the (stupid) idea to apply some Biodermal oil (comparable to bio-oil) on my frenulum because it contains a lot of vitamin and thought that it might cure the redness. The oil also touched the glans. Some time later i noticed that my glans was getting red and felt a tingling sensation in the glans. I decided to stop with it immediately and was hoping that it would cure soon again. I could still feel the burning sensation in my glans till 1,5 weeks later (especially after a shower) and since 1 week ago, (after a month), the tingling is finally over. However, the glans is still red. I read on the internet that this 'disorder' is called 'contact dermatitis' and mostly be treated with hydrocortisone cream. Now it is 5 weeks later. Do i need to have a bit more patience and the redness will go away slowly, or is it better to start with hydrocortisone cream and visiting a doctor?

Biodermal contains the following ingredients. Is it mainly the perfume which caused all these problems, or are there other ingredients i should worry about? Ethylhexyl Stearate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Canola Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Oil, Olus Oil, Panthenyl Triacetate, Camelina Sativa Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate,Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Parfum.

Thank you very much in advance!

2 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Next
  • Posted

it should get better in time tbh it dosnt look that bad

• Posted

dont put bio oil on the penis its not really a good idea

• Posted

Diem, fully agree with what Kim says, unfortunately the only skin that is as sensitive as the skin on the glans / head of the penis are the eyelids it has been suggested.

I have had a number of experiences similar to this and it can literally take months for the normal appearance to return. My advice would not be to try something like a steroid based application as this may simply create further complications.

My guestimate for recovery would be between 3 and 7 months for something like this .....

Once the area of skin has completely recovered it may be an idea for you to address the issue that you are referring to when you state this:

" In the month March the foreskin was pulled back too far, while the glans was a bit dry. After that, the frenulum was red. "

It sounds to me that you have an issue with a tight foreskin and it is possible when you say " the foreskin was pulled back too far " that you may have experienced Paraphimosis to some degree or another?

If this is the case my guidance would be not to apply anything at all to your penis for at least 8 months.

You can also do your penile skin a bib favour by not applying soap or things like shower gel to it.

If you want any further guidance on what to do with your foreskin simply confirm whether you have had issues with your foreskin or not ...... ?

• Posted

Thank you very much for the information and your replies, i really appreciate it.

So right now the advice is to do nothing and just wait, time will heal it. Do you think the glans (nerves) is now permanently damaged after what happened, or is this only temporarily and can it heal completely again without any loss of sensitivity?

My second question what i wanted to discuss is the red frenulum indeed. These problems with the oil all started because the redness did not go away and i tried to find a way to make it better. In the month March my girlfriend pulled the foreskin too far down. She 'played' a bit too enthusiastic when i was still mostly dry and i could feel by myself that she pulled it too hard. It was just an unlucky accident. Later when she stopped, i checked it and saw that the frenulum was pretty red, especially the part where the frenulum is connected to the shaft. There was no blood, no cut, just red. I gave it some rest afterwards. During the time, the redness of my frenulum close to the shaft was fading away and now completely healed. But a part of the frenulum, in the middle (more on the right side), still has the red color 6 months later. I don't have a tight foreskin, i have never had problems with my foreskin/frenulum in my life. I could easily pull the foreskin far down without any discomfort and i can still do. I don't experience any pain or discomfort when i pull it really far down now, it is just red.

My question is: How is it possible that the redness does not disappear? During that accident the frenulum has been probably overstretched. But there was no blood, no tear, so how is it possible that the redness doesn't go away, even 6 months later? Is there anything i can do or try to get back the normal, healthy color, or this redness will likely stay forever?

Thank you in advance!

• Posted

Recently i needed to visit the doctor about a small issue and thought: ''If i need to go to the doctor anyway, let's also ask about this issue, even though i feel a bit embarrassed.'' And i did. I told him the story what happened and he looked at it. In his opinion it wasn't really bad and recommended to give it time to heal. He did not recommend using hydrocortisone cream in this case, because the redness was not extremely bad and it can give bad side effects like a thinner skin. Also i showed him the ingredients of the oil, but he told me that i don't have to be worried about that, he didn't see ingredients which can cause serious problems.

After visiting the doctor, i was a bit relieved. But as the time goes by, unfortunately i still don't see any improvement compared to 1 or 2 months ago. That makes me feel bad and worried. It still looks pretty red, it feels more uncomfortable than the ''healthy'' glans skin and it looks to me that it needs treatment. Also i feel a prickly feeling in my glans for a second a few times per day, a sign that the glans is still not completely healthy. It is now 2 months ago that the oil was applied and actually i don't see any difference. As you can see on the picture, the structure of the glans which is affected, looks a bit different and cracked. Can somebody please give advice what the best thing is to do now?

Thank you in advance.

imageimageimage

• Posted

In the meantime it is 5 months later after the accident, but there is still no improvement. It keeps red. I decided to buy a Penile Health Cream 1,5 month ago and i am using this now for 6 weeks. It makes the skin very nice and soft, but unfortunately there is not any difference in redness.

This situation gave me already a lot of tears and in my mind i already gave up. It feels like i destroyed it forever and i don't believe anymore that it will ever be back to normal again. But i hope i am wrong and that there is a solution.

Attached you can find 2 recent pictures of my current condition. Can someone help me further what kind of damage this looks like and how/if it can be treated? For example: Does the skin look inflamed, does it look like that a skin layer is destroyed, does the skin itself look healthy and can the redness just be a discoloration due to the perfume?

Thank you very much in advance.

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

• Posted

Anyone?

Would it be good to try a (balanitis) cream which contains zinc oxide?

• Posted

Today it is exactly 6 months after the accident, but there is still no improvement. So in my opinion it is unlikely that it will go away by itself. I am thinking to visit a dermatologist next month, but i have a few more questions:

1. Wee_Dugie: I think it is likely that the dermatologist will prescribe a steroid based cream. You replied that it would be better to avoid steroid based creams because it could create further complications. Why do you think it can create further complications?

2. I found a balanitis cream with active ingredients sulfur and symphytum officinale for rash and inflammatory relief. Also i was thinking about Desitin which includes zinc oxide as an active ingredient. Is it recommend to use one of these products for my condition? I really want to try to avoid steroids with a risk of thinning the skin.

3. Attached you can find the latest picture of my condition. What kind of damage does it look like? Are we really talking about (mild) inflammation (irritant contact dermatitis?), or does it also look like that a part of the skin is gone/destroyed with more severe damage? Or can it also be a part of discoloring due to the perfume in the skin oil?

Thank you very much for your help.

• Posted

u should never use perfumed products on the genitals that includes soaps ..creams etc they cause more harm than good i use sanex for sensitive skin to wash with 0 soap 0 perfume 0 colourants and ph balanced

• Posted

I am in the same boat, stupidly masterbated with coconut oil after reading others say its good for your skin and a rash broke out. Been living with it for 6 months and depressed, feel like it has ruined my life because i cannot just forget about it..You may want to try "Cortisone with aloe", over the counter in the US. At first it will be red for 10 minutes and then all of a sudden it will look amazing like the rash disappeared but then later in the day the rash may come back, i only tried it a day so far and i have definitely made some improvements. If not that then try to buy fresh aloe and see if it helps. With trying new things i always only put it on side of the rash to test it out, so worst case the whole thing doesnt get worse. I am praying this will clear up soon so i can get my life back to normal....

• Posted

Pure Liquid Coconut Oil - that is, it has no chemical additives in it - has natural skin healing properties as it is obviously a natural plant-based product.

If you were using a liquid coconut oil without additives I would suggest you had a pre-existing skin issue or that your skin was sufficiently irritated to react to the oil ....

• Posted

u can actually makes issues 10 times.worse by over applying different creams they can cause contact dermatitis and actually add to the problem

• Edited

@kim12266

I know now that you should never use perfumed products in this area, your point was already clear in your first post. I could never imagine that skin oil, with just a little bit of perfume and comparable ingredients as penile health creams on the market, could create so many problems. The question is now how this can be solved. In one of your first posts you replied that it should get better in time, but unfortunately i don't see any progress in all those 6 months time. Based on what did you think that it should get better in time? Just a question, no offence to you, i am just curious. I hope we can help each other with information, trying to solve these issues not where only I am dealing with, but many others with related problems like this seeking for a solution.

@jimbo04091

Pure coconut oil shouldn't really be a problem as Wee_Dugie already said. I also tried pure coconut oil because it contains anti inflammatory ingredients, but unfortunately i did not see any difference in my case. Cortisone with aloe sounds promising in your case. I am curious about your progress in the coming days, thanks for posting btw.

I just hope there is a solution for this. I am still in the age of my 20's and i am going to marry this year, it feels like i destroyed it for the rest of my life. It gave my already a lot of tears. We can fly to the Moon, we can fly to Mars, but we cannot solve redness on a specific body part? It's crazy when you think about it. In 2-3 weeks i will go to a specialized hospital and going to make an appointment with a specialized (genital) skin doctor. I hope he can help me further. I have recently studied so many articles about skin issues like irritant contact dermatitis, and i don't accept that he sends me back home with a simple steroid cream. I would like to receive a full diagnose. I know the cause, i know the specific ingredients which touched the glans, i can explain everything really detailed what happened, so there has to be a solution. I will post the outcome of the doctor's visit here.

• Posted

no i meant even prescription medications like clotrimazole etc thats used for longer than 10 days then trying other medications if they are not working or improving then they should be stopped as can make the skin worse

• Edited

Hey, what did the doc say? Were you able to solve the problem, if so how? Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem as you. It would be nice if you could answer.

• Posted

Hi John,

Sorry for my late reply. I didn't go to the doctor recently. The deep red spots are gone after cleaning it with water after each toilet visit. The general redness after using the skin oil remains the same after almost 3 years now, no difference. In my mind I already accepted that this will stay forever. It doesn't hurt, everything feels still good, the only thing is that you see redness. But when I don't see any improvement after almost 3 years, then I think it is realistic to say that this will stay like this. But is is always good to search for remedies. Please let everyone know if you found some interesting new. I will do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.