Glans Penis Biopsy

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've got a reddish discoloration on part of my glans. Before doing anything my Dr wants to do a biopsy on my glans under full sedation with a penile block. This seem like an extreme first measure to me. I've attached a couple of photos of the spot. The smaller spot was six months ago, the next shows how its grown today. Any thoughts?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That seems extreme to me too.  Has your doctor said how much tissue would be removed, and what the biopsy might tell them?  I'd certainly consider getting a second opinion.

One of those pictures seems to be a reflection from a mirror for anyone else watching this thread btw.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Thanks for your thoughts. The Biopsy site is supposed to be about 4x6 mm, and take up to six weeks to heal. He promised no scarring. Hmmm. The second opinion sounds like a good idea to me, but it took almost two months to get this appointment and the leison seems to be growing, as the photos indicate. The biopsy is to determine whether the spot is skin cancer or something else. I'm betting on omething else...

• Posted

If the doctor thinks there's a possibility of cancer and is expecting no scarring, then I'd probably go ahead, as it could be preventing worse problems. Good luck!

• Posted

Biopsy is perfectly normal. It should not be a problem, get it done because your doctor recommended it as he thought it would clear out any doubts of malignancy
  • Posted

A biopsy on a lesion is pretty common. Doesn't sound extreme to me. It's not like he's saying they are surgically removing your glans.

• Posted

I'd like to know what the results were because I have the same issue almost identical

• Posted

I really appreciated the OP for discussing his biopsy but so many informative patient experiences end with "what happened?"

I had a punch biopsy at the very tip of my penis (a lesion on both sides of meatus).

Here are three photos before and the last is of the biopsy (suture visible). image

• Posted

Above is the day of biopsy. Here is pic of before. imageimageimage

• Posted

So jorock,what is the situation after so many years?

• Posted

get it !!! i had balantitus long time as many of us at this point it dont matter just check i will once i get the opportunity

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.