Update...Glans Penis Biopsy

Posted , 12 users are following.

This is an update to a post I made about three weeks ago. I had a small red spot appear on my Glans about six months ago. Like most guys, I ignored it until about two months ago when it grew into a blotch about the size of a thumbprint. Now it got my attention, but I was still reluctant to show it to anyone. After serching the internet, I became alarmed at the possibilities and went to my Dr. He didn't want to see it, but prescribed something for a Yeast Infection and told me to "see how this works". It didn't. I found a new Dr. and he sent me to a Urologist who then wanted to do a Biopsy. I was then scheduled for the Biopsy in about a month. That's when I found this site, posted a few photos and some of you helped me to have the courage to follow through with it. I had the Biopsy done two days ago, and am posting more photos showing the before and after. I should know the results in about a week, and will update with that too. I will also update the photos as the site heals.

I am doing this because I didn't find much out there, other than this forum, to help me know what to expect. As I have seen, being part of this forum for just about a month, there are a lot of questions we men have about our Penis. Most of us are reluctant to discuss our Penis 'issues', and even more reluctant to show our Penis to someone else. 

Thanks for being there, and I hope this is helpful...

One photo shows the small spot about six months ago, the next shows the growth of the spot just before the Biopsy, and finally just after the Biopsy...

P.S.

I hope to encourage you to not let embarressment, shyness, or anthing else get in the way of your Penis health. As I have stated before in responses to others posting here, it's just a penis, a good percentage of the worlds population has one, your Dr has likely seen every size and shape there is. He knows you likely get erections so yours won't scare him either. He even knows you masturbate, so don't be shy to tell him about that too if it's necessary. See you Dr. when you are concerned...   

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jorock,

Thanks for the update!  And most importantly, thanks for also speaking up and encouraging men (young and old) to care more about our penises. And you're right, our doctors have seem them all. WHen I respond, I try to encourage doctor visits moreso than getting advice here. The forums are great, but that doctor's office visit is most important.

Looking at your photos, it's great to see that you are on the way to penis healthiness. 

• Posted

What was the outcome after the biopsy? I have something on my penis that looks very similar and I'm pretty freaked out to be honest. Any info would be appreciated.

• Posted

Hi jorock

I had similar, but in my case the small spots increased to cover a fingerprint size black or grey scabs.  Went to see Doc - sent me same day to dermatologist.  She did a biopsy (said it wouldn't hurt a bit, and after, confirmed that she felt no pain).  Possible cancer.

Result was planar balinitis, not cancer. Been on Tacrolimus ointment ever since, now well under control but still lurking there.

I have had balinitis (a different version) around ridge of glans on and off for 20 years and the ointment has completely fixed that.

• Posted

Hi Jorock, 

Thanks for sharing the specifics of the early part of this. It looks like it's been a year, I'd love to hear the results you found and how everything went. 

• Posted

Hi Jorock

I know it's been almost a year since your post, but please may we ask that you post your update as initially stated, so that we all may have ease of mind.

• Posted

I really appreciated the OP for discussing his biopsy but so many informative patient experiences end with "what happened?"

I had a punch biopsy at the very tip of my penis (a lesion on both sides of meatus).

Here are three photos before and the last is of the biopsy (suture visible). imageimageimageimage

• Posted

Hi Jorock, is there update of whats the result of your biopsy? i guess i have the same issue with yours.image

• Posted

yeah, i follow what jorrock medication is, I applying aquaport 2 times a day after bath.

• Posted

Yeah, it actually help. rashes have gone 1-2 months of applying aquaphor. at first i visit neurologist doctor i forgot the ointment prescribe by the doctor but its actually not help to heal the rashes. then i found the similar case from jorrocks thanks to him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.