Globus sensation

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi everyone!  My apologies if this has been asked on here before.  Has anyone ever developed a sensation in their throat that feels like there is something in the throat, or at times feels like you are being strangled?  This started for me about 5 months ago....and seems to be a chronic thing....sometimes it will go away for a week or two, or even a day or two but then returns. A few doctors suggested GERD.....one thought maybe anxiety.....I wonder if it is muscle related....I don't wake up with it and it seems to show up halfway through the day and I feel relief when I eat something.  I just started seeing an osteopath and she things it is the upper esophagus spasming, and tells me she will work on it at next treatment.   I am going to call for an appointment to get a modified barium swallowing test where they look at how the muscles are working....I am not sure where they go from there, but I am not game for having an endoscopy shoved down my throat because I don't feel that is going to prove anything.   I wondered though if this is peri related only because leading up to this I have had so many hormonal issues (according to gynocologist and urologist) and it seems that this has followed those things.....I also had shingles in February of last year, so I feel like my body has taken quite the whipping the last little while.....just curious if any of you have this, have you been diagnosed or treated, or better yet have you been able to get rid of it?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also had shingles last year. And it's been about a week now that I started feeling the lump in my throat kind of uncomfortable but it doesn't hurt. I will be 40 years old this year

• Posted

wow I feel like we are the same. Ive been going through this since January. I have irritable bowel syndrome which was doing fine up until January when my whole body went crazy I have been having intestinal issues stomach pain knot in my throat I got diagnosed a couple weeks ago with perimenopause I have gone to a gastro doctor to try and find out what's going on they want to stick a tube down my throat to find out why I'm having the lump in my throat I'm having severe anxiety sudden upon attacks. I am so petrified of going under and having them do that I really don't want to have that done . the panic attacks and anxiety or uncontrollable that come upon me just from doing nothing I don't even have to be upset or worried about anything it just happens. I was thinking of making an appointment to go get cognitive behavioral therapy I heard that that might help with what's going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.