Gnawing shoulders ache

Posted , 11 users are following.

I know painful shoulders have been mentioned before and i have had the stiff shoulders but this gnawing ache from my shoulders suddenly came on, it feels muscular but almost felt like it was going right through me. I have put on some heat cream, it seems to come in waves. I did do quite abit of physical work yesterday so i dont know if that made it worse but it really is an intense aching, gnawing pain can anyone relate to this? Not just stiffness x

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Pinkcatfairy

Yes i understand what you mean. A few months ago when this started i thought i had pulled a muscle, but now i know. Sometimes you forget and turned funny to reach for something and it is there, very painfull feels muscular and as though you have been working out for hours. I take paracetomol but i am getting some heat cream to try. x

• Posted

I don't get too much pain in my shoulders, but they definitely got smaller and seem to have lost muscle tone there that I can't seem to get back. Feel much weaker in my arms now. Not sure if it's part of P.M., old age, or a combination of both things. Sucks getting old.

Hope you get some relief soon.

• Edited

Yes I can definitely relate. For me it's the left shoulder and it is always in the morning when I feel it. It's like I've been lying on my shoulder all night or something. I also get pain in my upper chest and back like I've pulled a muscle or something. I've been having this off and on for a few months now.
  • Edited

Thank you for your replies, thankfully the heat cream worked, plus i have an electronic massager! This really helped, i think i overdid it yesterday working. X
    • Edited

Mine feels like I've got flu aches/ pains . Im with Didi getting older Sucks ,even more that these meno symptoms just go on and on , I've gotten IBS as well another issue ,food allergies . IBS and anxiety do play out together. I've had this now for 10 straight yrs . Tinnitus also . Sugars are big problem ,notice that seems to increase aches and IBS and tinnitus , if Im not careful . Im always rubbing in heat/ cold creams these days after a warm shower . Question anyone got Vulvodynia since meno began ,due to hormone levels ? 
    • Posted

Marlene, I have had more than a few episodes where it felt like vulvodynia, but never medically confirmed. Ugh...the list of symptoms goes on!
    • Posted

Hi Debbie ,yes I think many females get Vulvodynia through lack of hormones ,which in turn follows on these Gyne problems ,several females I talk to else where say they're told its AV ,where all the while it's been Vulvodynia ,or Vestibulitis .its a nightmare ,I trust female drs ,I've got a good female Dr . Meno age herself ,which certainly helps . No male Dr can understand where and what your describing ache/ pain / discomfort . Think Jaynee Jay had the best input on Patient .in my 2 yrs on here . In regards to meno . 
  • Posted

it could be one of two things, either oesteoarthritis due to wear and tear of joints, in the neck, or shoulder, or upper spine, if you dont feel is joints, then during menopause b ecause we become faitgued, it causes fibromyalgia, this is a form of arthritis but more in the muscles and tendons, when you push your muscles in, they will be tender and sore, so will your tendons, its temporary and will go when your meno flare dies down, because its being caused by fatigue, it wont be as bad as other forms of the condition, so you dont have to worry, just dont over exert yourself, as you will find that will make it worse along with the fatigue.  
    • Posted

Yes thanks for your reply, i did feel i overdid it yesterday physically, thankfully feel better now x
    • Posted

Then your body pain is caused by your fatigue, it is fibromyalgia, it will settle as the days go on, but each time you over do it, it will come straight back, as soon as you get those aches, pull back and rest, easier said than done i know,  ive over done it myself, and i never stopped, pushed myself big mistake, feel awful  with the pain, but i know it will go with couple of days rest, so roll on bank hols, best wishes x

• Posted

Thank you Elaine for your wise words, been ok since and will take it easy xx
  • Posted

One of mine (the left) is a real pain, pardon the pun.

So if I try resting it makes it all the more painful when I need to use it.

I carried two bags of shopping the other day and I still know about it.

Mine is getting where if I do manage to actually sleep it wakes me every hour or so even if I'm not laying on it. Then if I move it around a bit it feels a bit better, by then I'm usually too awake again to get back to sleep.

Over the last week or so I've been getting the pain from it going up into my neck and I'm hoping that is what is causing an almost permanent low grade headache again.

So sick of this. I need to get in and see my doctor to try a higher dose of estrogen, I keep procrastinating, the worry of being on an even higher dose probably has a lot to do with this

• Posted

Hope u get it sorted, talking about lying onit, i get this with my right leg, if i lie on it in bed i get pain/cramp in it!
    • Posted

Its like when you have sciatica, if you rest too long on the nerve it triggers the pain off, so you need to move around then, on the otherhand, when you exert yourself because you havent got the paint, and you over do things it brings the pain on, swings and roundabouts, rest when its too painful to work with, and etiher shift your position in bed, or exercise  when its painful to rest on, which, makes it sound like an arthritic problem, my fibromaylgia pain can wake me, and if i lie in the same position for too long it triggers it, and again after a certain amount of gardening, or cleaning etc, it triggers it off, its knowing how far to push both.
  • Posted

One of mine (the left) is a real pain, pardon the pun.

So if I try resting it makes it all the more painful when I need to use it.

I carried two bags of shopping the other day and I still know about it.

Mine is getting where if I do manage to actually sleep it wakes me every hour or so even if I'm not laying on it. Then if I move it around a bit it feels a bit better, by then I'm usually too awake again to get back to sleep.

Over the last week or so I've been getting the pain from it going up into my neck and I'm hoping that is what is causing an almost permanent low grade headache again.

So sick of this. I need to get in and see my doctor to try a higher dose of estrogen, I keep procrastinating, the worry of being on an even higher dose probably has a lot to do with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.