Going for 30mg citalopram from 20mg, will I cope

Posted , 7 users are following.

The doctor had decided today to up my citalopram to 30mg, I have acute anxiety and not sleeping. I'm terrified as I don't want to feel worse. Only a few days ago I felt like I couldn't go on anymore and just wanted to disappear forever. I've been on 20mg for eleven weeks so far.x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'll be the lone dissenter and comment that I think you are doing the right thing by increasing :-).  Eleven weeks is plenty of time to see if the dose will work for you; and 20 mg clearly isn't. It would be one thing if you were managing but just feeling a bit of panic, but it seems if the anxiety is really impacting your life right now.

?It will probably be a bit rough the next few weeks, but it might actually end up being not as bad as you think. You've survived starting on 10 mg, going up to 20 mg, and you will survive going up to 30 mg :-). Just keep reminding yourself that any feelings you have are temporary, and due to the increase in meds.

?

• Posted

Thank you for the support Kelly it means a lot to me right now.x
  • Posted

my suggestion to you is stay on 20mgs for another 5/6 weeks and see how you are feeling ,if you still feel you need more dosage ,go onto 25 mgs.Just remember every time you change your dosage ,it will feel that you have just started to take this medication,meaning you will feel the side effects each time you change your dosage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.