going mad

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone ever feel that something terrible is going to happen think I am going mad

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes. Unfortunately this is one of the many symptoms we have to battle with during peri. I always feel like I'm dying everytime I get a new or recurring symptom, especially the bad ones. I have morbid thoughts about my husband, myself and children. It is unusual the effects these hormones can have on us. I have to distract myself with other things to get my mind off of stuff like that. I browse the internet, watch tv and when all else fails, I pray.
  • Posted

Yes, I have had numerous days with this horrible feeling of impending doom. It is nothing I can explain but there are days where I do not even want to get out of bed

• Posted

All the ladies on this site will be saying menopause,classic symptom,then brain fog,things happen but no your not going crazy,may feel it but your definatley not.

It can make you feel all sorts things feel hard to explain,been there Suzanne

Ladies here are good to have chat with. And more in understanding it

• Posted

I have felt so close to losing it emotionally so many times in the last few years. I no longer trust my thought processes to a point that I feel confident to venture out on my own soley yet I have drawn the line on so many thighs and feel confident where I have drawn the line.....only wondering when this all said and down I wonder if I will look at it all differently.
    • Posted

Hi AVR

you will get through it... I been peri almost 10 years.. No period for almost a year ...

i had all this nonsense ... Only a few months ago i would just burst into tears, like an emotional wreck... Wouldnt go out, wouldnt drive..

but all good now, and it shall be for you too ...

still have a blip don't get me wrong... Infact my energy tonight is waning ..

but been busy all day... 

' think my get up and go, has got up and gone' tonight ...

be postive ... Its hard ... It gets better ... jay xx

• Posted

The thing with all of this is I have been going thru all the symptoms for awhile now. I can see how far I have come not even realizing what I was dealing with becasue no medic could decide it was actually peri symptoms but reading it here I can see it has been. I have questioneda lot of my choices and right now, being more aware, I am trying to ride out my thoughts and decisions which may or may not be best for me.

I seem to have things manageble. Only time it gets rough is when the random menstruation pops up and that (right now ) is a very messed up time for me. Otherwise I feel perfectly normal.

• Posted

Hi AVR 

the peri period are the worst near the end of peri.. for me they are..

my last one, never had symptoms like it... head ache from hell ..felt sooooo sick, awful...

havent had one since, but for six months after i got weird symptoms, not so much PMT and no period, but monthly tearfulness,  super sensitive, took everything to heart, ridiculas it was, but simply peri, i recognised it every four or five weeks like a pattern, it was so odd, and anxiety aswell and the dread feelings, but they all passed now..

no pmt of any desription now, and one year no periods for me on 2 sept, so it gets better... we still have to deal with blips and keep our Vit B and Vit B12 in order, and other supps, or i think i would fall apart without them now.... 

hang in there you sound like you have it  sorted and sussed, good luck 

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks Jay, this helps alot to know that I might just be heading towards the end of all of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.