Going through the change 54yr

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi first time on this site could I just ask if anyone else feeling so low they have bad thoughts and how long will it feel like this .

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.. it’s not  the thought..it’s when we attach the thought to the emotion we are feeling.we all get horrible thoughts it’s the human condition..I had to have intense cbt years ago for these thoughts..best thing I ever did.. I had an early menopause and am suffering nine years on...delayed reaction.i still get these thoughts and I dare myself to do it and I know I never will..kinda like exposure therapy...I used to write them down as well ..I learnt so many coping mechanisms that have really helped me...and the best therapy for me is to cry..so many of us don’t and it’s sohealthy...we don’t judge babies when they cry everyday..they are releasing emotions because they can’t speak... take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.