Going to sleep and seeing objects getting smaller and larger

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hi there I am 28 years old and ever since i was a little girl i have had this reoccurance that has always annoyed me and it wasnt until today i actually spoke of it to my mum and she also claimed that she has had this aswell over the time.

Basically when i am off to sleep and my eyes are closed i can see a black background and objects in a distance that a very small and then they are moving/bouncing around and getting closer to me and becoming so big its untrue. I have seen and felt my thumb enlarge and then move around and then get smaller etc, my tongue and legs and also random other objects too. But when i come to open my eyes i am feeling really dizzy and faint and obviously the objects etc have stopped but then asoon as i reclose my eyes it happens again and again. Then i don't have this again for another year or so and is exactly the same thing that happens. It not a nice feeling but very strange. Just wondered if anybody else knows exactly what i am talking about and had this experience aswell?? Would be very interesting if you had.

I am not into drugs, hardly drink, have depression but this started when i was around 5 years old onwards.

Thanks

Emz xx

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 14 years old and i had the same things happen to me when i was a child. My mom used to tell me it was because epilepsy ran in my family and i might be experiencing small seizures while sleeping. I was taking medication at that time and it went away after a few years. Of course, I'm not a professional and i would rather go to a neurologist to find the the core of the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.