Goitre and Thyroid

Posted , 7 users are following.

been to see GP today as I had noticed my neck swelling and hard to swollow. had constipation too....and going through menopause. I need blood tests to confirm but doctor said I have a goitre and Thyroid problems. is this part of meno pause? I don't want to take tablets I don't react well to any drugs due to underlying problems. feeling upset and worried. Doctor says I will need medication or I will just get worse.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My initial thread seems to have gone elsewhere. maybe I should start a new discussion as my question has got lost.

doctor says if I don't take drugs for my thyroid I am at a high risk of stroke is this true or do they just want me on drugs !

• Posted

I came on here for support but seems my post has been taken over by gypsy . I will butt out. thanks but why not post your own thread

• Posted

Oh no you're right your post, definitely not my intention to take it over by no means.. I will private message or start my own.. My apologies...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.