Good brands of Citalopram

Posted , 13 users are following.

Just wondering what brands of citalopram everyone takes and if you have a preferred one over another.  I take citalopram made by Torrent from CVS pharmacy.  I'm considering using the name brand Celexa.   I have found that at least one of my refills of Torrent (April refill) was different in potency (less potent).   I found this out when restarting citalopram after being off of it for 8 weeks.  And yes, I'm positive it was a different potency than my current refill.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you really think brands would have less potency, they can't do that, it would have to be the same to ensure people get the right dosage. The active ingredient/strength is the same. All that may differ is the fillers/bulking agents, in other words the inactive ingredients, which just bulk up the tablet and make it digestible etc.

• Posted

I had been taking the Mylan manufactured citalopram. It worked great in that I couldn't feel any side effects and didn't stress over everything. It was switched to the Torrent manufactured brand and I very shortly could tell a difference. At first, I thought maybe I was imagining it. But, after several months, I was sure. I had a prescription sent to a pharmacy that carried Mylan citalopram. I had to pay myself since I had to go outside of CVS Caremark. But, there is definitely a difference. Overloaded work schedule, complaining co-workers, broke-down equipment, short staff, overtime...okay now. I was ready to quit taking the Torrent. It did not work.

• Posted

I have been taking citalopram for a few years and I was always taking the one from Mylan, last month when Walgreens refilled it they gave me a manufacturer named torrent, I have had two car accidents in the last month I've been on this prescription for 13 days is different manufacturer I really believe this is the problem I'm not doing anything different other than this different manufacture of the citalopram I have taken 13 of them so far and twice I have just blacked out and came to and had been in an accident with my car yesterday I totaled it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.