Good Days/Bad Days

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am just looking for some reassurance.  I have taken Zoloft for many years and know that it works great for me,  but I recently upped my dose after also recently dropping it,  and I am just ready to have more good days than bad.  I take it for extreme anxiety and I think I am probably better than I was in the beginning,  but it is really hard to tell when you are in the middle of it.  Yesterday I felt more like myself for a couple of hours,  but then the evening was horrible.  I am on day 13 now,  and it just feels like it has been months.  The days drag on so long,  I just want more good days.  I am sure this has been asked and answered many times,  but how long did it take before you started seeing more good days than bad?

2 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Ashley.  I am right there with you.  It has been about the same amount of time since I increased.  I had a little more energy yesterday and today which I really needed to get out of the house.  But, more good days than bad...not yet.  Maybe someone else will chime in and give us some hope.((hugs)). Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Thanks,  it means a lot to me just hear that someone else is going through it too.  It's funny how that works.  Makes us feel less crazy I guess.  Hope you start feeling better soon too.  We are in this together smile

• Posted

Hi i can totally relateto how your feeling im on setraline for years now and it works great for me but back in may i felt great so decided to reduce it (big mistake)

About 5 or 6 weeks ago i felt down again so doctur upped it to 150mg after 2 and a half weeks my anxiety was fine but my mood was low so 11 days ago upped it to 200mg had fairly good days but today os a struggle as i forgot to take my olanzapine last night

Wondering how long it takes to feel full benefits of 200mg

• Posted

Jennifer:  For one thing I would not rely too much on the Net for info. It is no substitute for a good pdoc. 

But I can tell you for sure that the full effect of a Zoloft increase will be made in 1-2 weeks, tops. If after 2 weeks, you are not in full remission, another increase is needed, assuming you have gotten some benefit from Zoloft.  At 200 mgs, and after all this time, if you don't feel at least 50 percent better, it's time to find another ad. If Zoloft has helped you 50 percent or more, you can add Buspar to add to the effect of Zoloft. Buspar takes a few weeks to work and must be slowly titrated. Or you can go higher on the Zoloft. Zoloft is safe beyond 200 mgs, or even 300 mgs, but it may be best to first have a DNA test run to see if you are a rapid metabolizer of Zoloft. Worked for me. Don't be too patient with dosage increases. Once you pass the 6week mark of being on an ad, dosage increase should really help within 1-2 tops. If you don't feel a lot better in that time, you should make a move because it is unlikely you will ever feel better at that dosage. (Unless there have been stressors in your life which are hindering the Zoloft) A lot of what I just wrote is not easily found on the Net. That's because I have worked with a number of pdocs, a few of whom are excellent. Simply put, you don't become a doctor by reading the Net. Also, benzos are better for anxiety than ad's, for various reasons. You may want to go with Klonopin or Xanax instead of an ad. They work immediately, take about a week to reach full effect, are much less complicated than ad's, and have far fewer side effects. They also work in nearly everyone who uses them. DO NOT use them if you have an addictive personality or plan to abuse them, tho!! 

• Posted

I have recently restarted Sertraline after trying to stop it altogether. I started having major panic and anxiety attacks so have upped the original dose from 50mg to 100mg.  The first 2 weeks were awful, not sleeping and anxiety worse than ever, but this is my 3rd week and I feel things are really beginning to even out. Most of the side effects are beginning to subside, my mind is much quieter and physical symptoms of anxiety are only there mainly first thing in the morning when I wake up. Hang in there because you're probably not far off coming through the other side. From my experience it takes a good couple of weeks to get through the side effects, which will  mean you feel better and another week before it's fully functioning in your system, which is where I'm at now. I'm hoping that from here things will just keep improving. 

• Posted

Thanks for asking. Today has been good too! This week I've felt so much better, so I'm hoping it lasts. Glad your feeling better too and I hope it lasts for you too! I'm sure the good times will get longer and the bad days shorter as time goes by. Xx

• Posted

I just wanted to keep people updated.  I started this post yesterday morning,  feeling just lousy,  then later in the evening I actually felt a lot more like myself later in the evening.  So much so that I didn't want to go to bed for fear of the usual morning anxiety.  Morning came around,  felt super anxious like usual,  but it didn't last as long.  Lord do I hope this means I might be turning the corner soon,  but the logical part of me knows that there will be bad days again soon,  but that I should just enjoy the "normal" moments while I can.  I really hope everyone else starts having some better days soon too.  I really appreciate the replies.

• Posted

Oh I hope so! Glad you got some relief.  My anxiety usually comes in the evening.  When do you take your medicine?
    • Posted

I take mine at 4 in the afternoon.  I am thinking about switching to mornings once the medicine has fully settled.  My mornings are awful!  About to take my dose for today.  Hoping that it will help.  One day down is one day closer, right?
    • Posted

That's interesting.  I usually take mine about 9 or 10 in the morning and then the evening before bed is when my depression ramps up. Wonder what happens if we split the dose?  Lol.  I would forget to take one of them and be in worse shape than I am now.  Idk which would be worse anxiety in the morning or the evening?

• Posted

I asked my doctor about splitting my dose,  and she said it wouldn’t help because the meds stay in your system for 24 hours. How has your day been?  Mine has been pretty low.  Even being on Zoloft for years and knowing that it works for you,  days like this can be hard.  Trying not to let a bad day get me down.   
    • Posted

Same here.  My day was not great either.  I am having trouble with my gallbladder, which makes my anxiety worse.  Like, besides my side hurting, I have no energy.  I'll probably be in bed again early watching Netflix lol.  I can't understand why 25 mg held me for so long and now it's not.  Of course I came off of Wellbutrin about 6 months ago.  That could be it too.  I just never noticed that Wellbutrin helped that much.  I guess I will keep pushing through.  Hopefully get the gallbladder situation taken care of and see what happens.  How are you doing today?

• Posted

The past few days after taking me Zoloft,  I have felt pretty normal which was great.  However last night,  I took it and felt SO depressed.  Like as depressed as I did when I was going through PPD and PPA.  During that time,  I was begging to be institutionalized,  because it felt like nothing was working or helping.  I was also going through a large dose increase during that time,  but things eventually evened out and I felt great for years.  Hoping this is just the meds trying to balance themselves out and that I will feel more normal after taking my Zoloft again today.  I hope you get the gallbladder situation worked out soon.  I think I am coming down with something which also isn't helping. Thanks for keeping me updated on how things are going with you.  I like having a friend to feel crazy with.

• Posted

Yes thanks for replying.  It does somehow make it a little more tolerable having someone going through this crazy life.  You can private message me anytime.
    • Posted

Hi Ashley, the depression seems to be slightly lifting.  Nothing awesome but at least I'm not crying everyday.  The anxiety however is weird.  It seems to come out of nowhere!  I'm like what the heck is going on?  So I have had to take Ativan a couple of times.  Also experiencing some air hunger.  I don't think I've experienced that to this degree.  Hoping it will pass too!  Are you having a good day?

• Posted

Hey 2chr.   I am glad to hear the depression is starting to lift.  That is how it is going for my anxiety.  It’s still there,  but it’s a little lighter.  Not much,  but enough that I can see it.  Depression has been for me like anxiety has been for you.  Comes out of no where!  I can’t wait to get off of this emotional rollercoaster!  Hopefully we will see more changes for the good over the next couple of weeks. 
    • Posted

How are things going with you today 2chr?  Things are starting to get a little easier for me,  but it is still a very long process.
    • Posted

Hi Ashley.  My anxiety is awful right now!!  I am worrying about everything that could go wrong. ...worst case scenarios.  When will I get a break from all of this worry? 😔😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.