Good luck Chico

Posted , 15 users are following.

Just wanted to say good luck to our group Guru, Chico in your operation tomorrow. And thanks for all the excellent advice you've given us all.

You will be able to finally finish your TKR rehab.

All the best

Marilyn

XX

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Chico hope all goes well for you. You have really helped me in so many ways through my recovery and will look back at al your helpful advice when i get number 2 done later this year. Best wishes for your recovery and hope that your daughter gets you back on your feet again
  • Posted

Good luck Chico and as Marilyn says - thank you for all your advice, it helped me greatly, 😊, x

• Posted

yes, thinking of you and prayers going your way
  • Posted

Good luck Chico I love reading your posts. All the best with your revovery. Keep rockin'. smile

• Posted

Chico,  I am hoping that this surgery will be the final leg (spine?, back?) of your orthopedic journey. As you have written many times, " take your meds, do your rehab exercises", I wish you an easy recoup from this surgery.   Your posts have helped me come through my TKR. All of us on this forum are looking forward to hearing an update soon.  May the haze of the pain meds bring you relief.  As you have said many times, "if you hurt, take the meds"

Ellen

• Posted

Been taking the meds religiously (even at 4am) to stay on schedule.  The also gave me a  pack of steroids that you take over six days titrating down.  I'm doing that on schedule too but it wreaks havoc with blood sugars.  So I have to keep testing and adjust my insulin.

Just glad that I was titrated up on the pain meds when the anesthesia completely wore off last night.  The day after any surgery is always the worst...just have to expect it and have your meds under control.  Already I can see that today is better than yesterday.  Eat on time, take the meds, sleep.  There's no magic here...just gotta stay on schedule and know that this will be over in a few days.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and good wishes.  Once I get doc's clearance in two weeks, I'm hitting the gym...hard...need my strength back.

• Posted

CHICO...............Good thoughts are with you in this next step toward bettering your life.  You are such a unique individual, in possession of much knowledge, and an asset to this 'thing' of ours.  Speedy, painfree return to our COSA NOSTRA!!!

• Posted

Thanks for all the good wishes.  Monday morning...back at work.  Thank God I telecommute so I don't have to drive.

• Posted

I have had no updates in the past few days do you know how Chico is doing?
    • Posted

I'm fine.  Post-op pain is lessening...original pain is all gone.  Thanks for the thoughts...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.