good morning

Posted , 24 users are following.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness and good wishes. Surgery went well but he found a couple of things that weren't expected. There was small crack in the top of the tibia which will require me to wear an immobilizer and use a walker for a couple of weeks. I will only be allowed to use just a toe touch method of walking during that time. Before surgery I discussed the scar tissue that was left from the steel late and screws he found a few inches of muscle that was fused to the bone and wouldn't move causing a lot of pain. His explanation made a lot of sense. He said he just sliced it off the bone so ur can heal properly but it will probably create as much discomfort as the knee but will stop the pain that it had been causing and heal properly. Well, I just hit the button for for the pain meds to kick in so better stop Before the spell starts looking like a 6 yr old. Thanks again for the well wishes

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that. Your poor body has been through so much it's probably rebelling a little. Hope they've found the problem and sorted it and you're feeling a bit better by now. 

Jen x

• Posted

Hi Roland.

i hope this finds you feeling a little bit better, I hope and pray it does as you have been so very good to us all on this forum and I know that everyone is behind you and willing that you get better soon.

take care, chin up, and hope you have a better night.xx Gill ( Saudi)

• Posted

Well done

Fingers crossed everything is good

Keep taking the meds and keep smiling x

• Posted

take care i hope you get good news and back giving everyone encouragement with your wisdom best wishes
  • Posted

Thinking of you and hoping everything is OK.

Hazel.XX

• Posted

Thanks....Today was a big improvement over yesterday and last night. Body starting to normalize a little. So far all the early signs are good. I am back at the rehab center I've used several times. A long time acquaintance is in here and just had his 2nd tkr. He had so much trouble with the 1st one h e almost didn't get this one done but is sailing along.
    • Posted

So pleased your picking up again, you of all people deserve to sail through this op, and hopefully from now on you will, you seem such a lovely man always there to cheer every one up by always saying what's needed.. Xx thankyou. 
    • Posted

Glad things are better for you!!  Brilliant news.  Onwards and upwards now xx
  • Posted

Great stuff OFG if anybody deserves to have a good recovery it is you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.