Good news!

Posted , 18 users are following.

I was sitting next to a woman today at the PT office, she was in her 70s. We started talking and she went thru exactly what we all are, she was in her 40s when it started, and she had every single symptom was all do. She said she was just so sick, saw at least 100 doctors, nobody could help her (this was 20 years ago, so you can imagine the knowledge was probably worse). She had CFS, her weight down to 80 pounds, every symptom imaginable.

So the good news. She said when her periods finally ended for good, and she was in total menopause, she got BETTER!!! And she's been OK for the past 20 years!

I really needed to hear this today. It can get pretty scary thinking I'll feel like this for the rest of my days on earth. Hope you needed to hear it too.

XO

16 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank You soooo much for this post.

Thank God atleast something positive i head today. its give sooo much relief by hearing that woman r fully fine after Peri. and enjoying life..its tought phase of wonan life..Transition everyone has to undergo.

Thanks Again giving Hope dear.

we all will be Fine soon

tk

• Posted

I'm so glad to hear this, especially since I had a hysto in 2001 at 33 yrs old but kept my ovaries, so I have zero clue where I'm at in the process without the tell tale signs of missing periods. I have been diagnosed with AV and have been on estrace cream for about a year now, it was working great until my insurance decided that they'd only pay for generic, now I feel as if I'm back to square 1. But the fatigue is horrible, I never feel well, and I have zero interest in anything. I'm in the U.S and my primary and gyno refuse to do a hormone test to see where my levels are, the excuse is that they change minute to minute so they dont consider them accurate. I did the hot flash thing several yrs ago and thought they were over, nope! As I'm sitting here in 29 degree weather, I have my window open bc I'm burning up.. I'm ready for this to be over!

• Posted

Suzanne that does give me hope! Especially the weight part, but I pray i don't go down that much.

• Posted

So my periods ended around 2yrs ago, I'm just 47... and i still feel awful.

I pray I feel a bit of normality returning soon. x

• Posted

Hi Susanne,

Thanks very much! You give us some hope!

• Posted

OMGosh!! Thank you so much for this information because this menopause devil is the WORSE!! I'm 52 and have been going through at least 50 of the 66 symptoms since age 44. For 2 years I almost went the entire year without a period and then I would come on like 3 days before the goal. I pray we all get through this. Thank God for the lady that you spoke with. There is light at the end of this menopause misery. Thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.