Good news

Posted , 9 users are following.

Fir those who have responded to me over the last few months I have some good news ,

after yet another infection ,,,,,I attended pulmary rehab ,,,,again ,,,,and then continued  into the gym ,,,,as I have in the past,,,,and last Thursday knew I was back to being me ,,,,,( while still having COPD ) I managed ,,,2 Klm on the treadmill in 28 minutes and 3 Klm on the bike in 12 minutes and 3 Klm on the hand bike in 12 minutes ,,,,,,,the last time I was capable of doing anything like this was summer of 2013 ,,,,,,then ,,,,murph good feelinfpgs were confirmed when I had my annual copd review at the surgary ,,,,,my sats at rest were 94 oxygen ,,,,76 heart rate,,,,,my peak flow was 152 ,,,,and the general questions sleep ,,,,,,walking etc ,etc ,,,,had gone up 4 points ,,,and my lung capacity was 74 . ,,,,,Brilliant ,,,,,I've worked dam hard to get these numbers ,,,,and yes I've given myself a big pat on the back .

i can't tell you how good it is to be my old self again ,,,,,here's to a lovely summer,,,,,for me ,,,,and for everyone of you ,,,,,thanks for your support over the last few months ,,,,,I hope you will all feel as good as I do very soon ,

I will be working hard to keep my  good health and sats up ,best wishes everyone ,

4 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Please excuse spelling errors ,,,,keep hitting wrong keys,,,,,

note to self ,,,,,,,,,must work on arthritic fingers now ,haha

• Posted

Congratulations, Nanny!  It's wonderful to see those good results!!  I'm hoping to be able to do the rehab 12 week program here in the U.S. but need to figure the cost factor and if I can afford it. It's 3 times a week and I must pay out of pocket $22 each time.  Continued success!!
    • Posted

Hi, I sometimes forget or take for granted our wonderful NHS, this includes the pulmary rehab  course, but I can assure you ,,,,it's that good and worthwhile I would willingly have paid ,wishing you every success,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.