Got Clareon PanOptix

Posted , 5 users are following.

10 minutes ago.

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

day 8: 7 dpo vision is same. but i am seeing more defined concentric circles around light. previously they were not very defined. also in took the darkness test last night the arcs are there from 9 o clock to 12 o clock. i went to dark place outside where lights were at a distance and covered the sides of the eyes. they are lot smaller though. i worked today and the laptop distance at 20 inches is very comfortable. also last evening during twilight my wife could read in the dark 15-20 minutes longer after i could not read signs on the apartment building. also my drops will reduce from 3 to 2 and from 4 times a day to 2 times a day.

• Posted

day 9: 8 dpo. drops down to two and two times a day. also i notice that sometimes i see halos and sometimes i see no halos at all. the near vision on phone also fluctuates but is generally good. i drove to work and use my desktop for the first time which is 20+ inches away and rather than blurry the letter were intermingling with each other at that distance so i had to pull the monitors a little closer. also another thing i noticed is the light symbols on the car dashboard ghost in low light like when i went into the garage. but in daylight they see just fine. also for the tube lights the pan optix tries to create circle around them as opposed to tecnis that just creates a ghosted shadow.

• Posted

day 10: 9 dpo. today the near vision remained good all day. if i wear readers the near vision remains unchanged until +1.5. the intermediate drop gets better. with +1.75 and higher the near vision becomes bad. not sure if i mentioned this earlier but looking from near to far or far to near, the symfony had a lag. it is instantaneous with panotpix. i find it hard to understand that a trifocal is an answer to my dysphotopsias.

• Edited

day 11: 10 dpo. i am in flood lit stadium for attending graduation. and the flood lights have no halos.

also putting on readers makes distance concentric circles larger. similarly wearing -1 myopia glasses makes the concentric circles smaller.

i found people on this forum obnoxiously defend the iol they got and never understood that it was driven from their satisfaction of a problem solved and now find myself doing the same.

• Posted

Soks, that is awesome that you didn't have any rings on the stadium lights. I was wondering if your eyes get tired as the day goes on. By evening my eyes are pretty exhausted still.

• Posted

d u use tear drops? i use systane preservative free drops upon waking up. that helps the eyes feel good. 2 hours later i use the prescribed eye drops after shower.

• Posted

Yes, I am using the same drops as you throughout the day. I am also still on the steroid drops. I know some people have much relief after the prescription drops are discontinued. By sundown I feel like I need to take my contacts out and put my glasses on, if that makes sense. I have follow-up in a week so I will see what doctor says. Otherwise, I am still marvelling at my vision.

• Posted

day 13: 12 dpo. last night i was out on very dark roads and the vision does deteriorate in the dark. more than symfony. also the lights which are a dot in the daylight assume distorted shapes or ghosting. this happened with symfony at 8-9 months due to pco. i am going to wear distance glasses maybe -0.5 or -1 and i suspect this will help because the clock on microwave also distorts at night but -1 glasses sharpen it. maybe i need cylinder glasses we will find out. all the more case to get a monofocal in the other eye to dumb down these effect.

• Posted

day 15: 14 dpo. i think i will need -0.5 or astigmatism glasses for distance or both. preop the cylinder was -1. while the distance picture on tv is clear the subtitle have ghosting. it is either that or the dreaded PCO.

• Posted

day 17: 16dpo. i think my night vision is worsening. faraway lights have a tail in the left downward direction. the cataract had somewhat similar effect in initial stages. is my capsule stained. also if i wear -1 the tail is gone. also -1 does not worsen my near. with 3.25 add the -1 would make it 2.25. so it is proper to think that monofocal set to 2.25 myopia would give me good near. i will see the opthalmologist next week and the optometrist a week later.

• Posted

day 18: 17 dpo. the near vision has furher worsened. text on dark background has white traces in it and begun to affect acuity. the distance vision while driving is fine. however the lights have ghosting on the lower right side. this goes away when i wear -1 glasses. also i think the distance vision for facial recognition in low light in a big hall is affected. the euphoria seems to be unfortunately ending for me. also the small arcs now are readily forming.

• Posted

day 21: 20 dpo. on phone the text seems distorted because its color has become dull due to white streaks on the letters. with -1 glasses the clock on stove gets clear from distance but the printed text on a box gets blurrier. halos around lights are still minimum. concentric rings are more pronounced than symfony. in symfony the probably get hidden in the halo or starburst. also the lens design is such that the thicker halo with panoptix is concentrated towards the center as it goes outward the rings are spaced far apart so they dont create as much halo. my recommendation to family members is still start with clareon monofocal with -0.5 to -0.75 myopia. test further myopia with contact. if happy then another monofocal for near. if not happy then panoptix in the other eye. also +0.75 readers make my dustance blurry. but i am at -0.45 so technically it is -1.2 myopia with 0.75 readers.

• Posted

23 dpo: vision improved yesterday. lights at night are still distorted. can be corrected with-1. today during daylight it is cloudy. in the car -1 make street sign and faraway a little blur. however it makes your makes you realize that the dashboard could have been clearer so it improves intermediate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.