Got Clareon PanOptix

Posted , 5 users are following.

10 minutes ago.

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

at 7PM i am flying back home. i am curious to compare the dysphotpsias later tonight. with both symfony and panoptix the car headlights look really weird. they are more circular with small spider web with panoptix. also green color is most affected with cataracts and symfony. i have not seen similar distortion with panoptix for green color. specifically green stop lights.

• Posted

day 2. 10.15PM central i cannot see the lens edge with panotpix. can see with symfony eye. with symfony i remember the i saw the lens edge on day 6 but that was the first time i was out at night.

• Posted

Hi Soks, How did you feel about traveling for your cataract surgery? I assume you traveled because you mention flying back home...

• Edited

the doctor sheet said ok to air travel next day so i did and was fine with it. i did have a non stop flight. i flew again yesterday on a private jet and those smaller planes felt to have steeper climb up and down but didnt seem out of ordinary.

• Posted

Will you see your cataract surgeon for follow up or have those checks done locally?

• Posted

willl have telemedicine appointment with surgeon next week at 3 weeks. then see local optometrist at 5 weeks.

• Posted

my notes from 4.5 years ago:

8 days out my worst symptom:

I have Cinderalla vision. On Tuesday (6 days post-op), starting around 9PM at night I see large circles around light sources in dark outside. Mostly the upper circle arc. If turn my head backwards I will see the full circle. This circle is HUGE. The concentric circles do not extend to even half the size of this circle. So this circle or sometimes arc is concentric to the concentric circles. If I hold a light close to the eye the large circle will go away the concentric circles will remain. Driving is very difficult with this as these large circles keep coming and going creating a flashing kind of effect. Any advice on this? Is this IOL edge glare? Is this specific to Symfony? Is this negative dysphotospia? Other than the pupil constricting drops any remedies?

• Edited

i always complained that i see an lens edge light arc in nasal upward direction. no doctor believes me when i tell it. see my dilated eye and how it dilates asymmetrically in nasal upward direction.image

• Posted

day 3: 51 hours after surgery. near vision is j1+ at 8 inches. it is a gradual drop if i bring things closer. i can sew a needle!!!! i can see myself in the mirror to shave easily. my distance is 20/30. if this ia because of -0.4D myopia i would be willing to go 20/40 for distance without being bothered but dont see any benefit to doing it.

i also started systane preservative free drops because the eye had started to feel very dry.

• Posted

day 4: 71 hours after surgery. the near vision is fluctuating today. not as good as all day yesterday. plus the eye has irritation feeling from the drops. distance is still good. i can see the design on the ceiling and also lines on my palm.

• Edited

day 4: 74 hours post op. distance has become 20/15 but it must have been at expense of near that has become worse than yesterday.

i would have taken the near over distance. i am fine with 20/30 distance.

another thing i noted last night was i can see the small spider web around starts. symfony does not do that to the stars

• Posted

day 5: 4 days post op. 96 hours after surgery. near vision got better again yesterday. i started tear drops in the morning yesterday. they make the eye feel better. i went on night drive yesterday and the stop lights are probably the worst effect of panoptix. there seem to be halo of stop lights around the actual stop light. with symfony it is just a smudge halo around the stop light. the overall size of the panoptix halo is however smaller.

also i can see the filament of a lighted bulb. with symfony is it blocked by the halo.

• Posted

day 6: 5 days post op. so the visual acuity is good. it becomes better through the day.

i did see nasal upward arc of light last night in the dark starting 11.30PM. it goes away though. this arc is about 30% the size of tecnis arc and there are no spokes like the tecnis ferris wheel. tolerable but undesirable never the less.

also i notice that acuity for reading paper remains steady as opposed to acuity for reading screen.

• Posted

Soks, I am enjoying your updates. I am on day 18 with my left eye and day 8 with my right eye. I tested at 20/25 for distance today. I can read well at 12 inches but I cannot read my computer at 2 feet. We are just giving it some time.

I still feel like things are extra bright to the point of feeling washed out. My husband thinks I am just not used to normal levels of light. I always complained about how dark it was getting outside . . . at 5 in the afternoon.

• Posted

glad you are enjoying the updates. they can be one experience data point for someone. also they will be invaluable for me because we forget how our vision was days following the surgery.

i think my phone vision deteriorates at about 20 inches but i hold my laptop at 19-20 inches so i am ok. if i wear a +0.75 reader the vision is great past 20 inches. its not that i cannot read it but it is not comfortable. the phone vision picks up again at around 36 inches. i asked my wife and she doesnt have this gap. by deteriorates i mean the words mix with each other they dont get blurry. being a lifelong myope i love the near and ability to start seeing at 8 inches. also if i cannot see something i can just lean closer and see it which is a natural reaction.

the colors are very dark. i made the phone font the smallest and it is still comfortable. the washout effect i get for low quality pictures. it looks like how pictures look when you make contrast high on phone.

day 7: 6dpo last night in pitch dark i can see a small arc from 9 to 1 o clock like yesterday. it is much better than tecnis and i would be ok with it. i dont know if i mentioned this earlier but i can see the glass of a lighted bulb and the filament. with symfony the halo prevent me from seeing the glass. always has.. the panoptix halos are more transparent.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.