Got ibs and its getting worse since got depression and anxiey

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i suffer severe ibs but i can usually keep it under control, but lately the things i do , do not seem to work, i have just be diagnosed with depression anxiety and BDD, so i think this might be making it worse, and the new drugs sertraline, i have been on 7 weeks now, i am in so much pain with my ibs, i double over in pain, really need help, i want my depression to go but if the pills are making my ibs worse then i am not sure i want to take them, does anyone else suffer 

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you are using any anti depressant just stop using them it will recover eventually
    • Posted

I  have stopped taking them and my ibs has settled but i am worried that my depression and anxiety will get worse, just have to see , if so back to the doctors , i am waiting to see a counsellor
  • Posted

Hi its me jaybabes just to keep my lovely caring forum friends who have helped me i have been through hell and back from the age of 14 till 54, i have taken untold drugs, i have seen loads of doctors some good some bad, but through it all i have learnt many things, mostly about myself so i have finally done something about it, i am now in counselling and doing great, i do have off days but that is the part of improving to, so i can see a future now, for the first time and it feels great , cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.