Gout free for 12 months :-) No one takes any notice here

Posted , 18 users are following.

I take a celery seed capsule in the morning abnd one at night.  I have recommended this several times here but there is no seemingly no uptake/interest.  They cost £5 on Amazon - I havent had a gout attack for over 12 months now and I was getting a couple a month before - just check out my previous posts.  My diet remains one of life's pleasures and includes red wine and steak!  I still take the cherry juice (three pumps a dayy) although this on its own couldnt combat the gout on its own.  I have taken diclofenac a few times fearing a recurrence due to twinges, but these kept any at bay (take 2 at first twinge and loads of water).

All I see here is talk of lifelomg drugs and I also failed to nail any culprit by diet - teetotal veggies get gout after all.

I see people tearing their hair out here - so just drop £5 on some celery seed tablets to try.  For me they have been a revalation.  Please post back if they helped - gout can make us really miserable and I really want to share what worked for me.

6 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello,well, celery seed gets a big vote of approval from me. I have it in seed form from a local supplement store and grind it in a coffee grinder. When I notice a flare of gout approaching, I take 1 to 2 tsp of straight powder and flush it down with water. Not the best tasting stuff but you will probably be amazed at how well it works. One dose at morning and one at night. I even take it with me when I travel and I'm wating for the first customs inspection to ask me what the green smelly stuff is in the bottle. Not for pre-menopausal women though. It will bring onset of a period. I'm speaking from experience here. My wife tried it for a few days and, sure enough,...... Before trying, investigate the warnings for yourself as with anything new but, be sure to give it a try.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info... I will be sure to check this out... Appreciate the feedback. Thanks Doug.
  • Posted

I have been reading all the reports on people's personal experience with natural 'helps' and prescription helps re gout.

I have made a list for myself to try.

At the moment gout free? well pain free.

Have just come through a nasty attack, but sadly having taken colchicine (I have had it before and was fine) I had a very nasty attack of diarrhoea in my sleep!   Woke up in a terrible mess ...... hence looking for a different course to beat the gout!

Thanks to all for your very informative help.

Eveta

• Posted

I agree with you before even trying it! I posted the same because I suffered gout attacks for 20 years but I am taking Chlorella for the past 3 months and now gout free...i posted everything here including my bloodworks and how C hlorella cured me but nobody replied.

I think when we're suffering we just wanted a quick fix instea of natural remedies which take a while before it works. Anyways, thanks for your celery tip, I am going to get to try some for sure.

take care,

• Posted

I have been out and bought the celery seed.

Do I wait for another gout attack or do I take it as a preventative?

Have also bought cheryy juice and an expensive punnet of cherries, last time I tried cherry juice it affected my gut sufficiently for me to stop taking the juice, but I am going to give it another try and maybe a smaller amount.

Unfortunately I have IBS, moderate diverticulitis and ...... colitis attacks (luckily rarely as they are the most painful of episodes I have ever experienced)  which can make taking medication a bit of a problem.

I am not supposed to take Ibuprofen which I find a great help, as it reacts unfavourably with my B/P medication on my kidneys!

Keep going, keep smiling and if you are a christian like me keep trusting the Lord and thanking Him for all the blessings He bestows upon me.

• Posted

Thank you for this information.  Is there a particular brand or dosage of celery seed capsule that we should look for on Amazon?
  • Posted

Started taking celery seed capsules and had a very bad attack in my hand and foot. Had to go to the doctor for ACOXIA tablets four tablets later gout all but gone
    • Posted

Are you saying you think that celery seed contributed to the attack?
    • Posted

No I don't think it had anything to do with the attack, just coincidence

my middle finger was swollen nearly three times it's normal size.

The pain was excruciating, I had to make an emergencey doctors

appointment and was given ARCOXIA 120 this relieved the pain considerably. These tablets are absolutely brilliant!

• Posted

Ah, good to know. I did read that people who've got kidney issues (as I do) should not take celery seed.

I'm out of my head with this attack. It's been a month. While it's a little better, I still can't put a shoe on one foot and it's a constant source of pain.

• Posted

Thanks I will certainly try that out... First time I heard about this... Your right about the black cherry juice it's not enough. I appreciate the suggestion because I do love my steak.
  • Posted

I have only had 1 initial flare-up. It has been 11 months since then. I did 

a lot of reasearch in the beginning and yes CELERY SEED was noted as making a difference. Another major "potion" seemed to be BLACK CHERRY

JUICE EXTRACT. You also use cherry. Good for you, that the two are

helping you to combat your condition. However I am not convinced that

celery seed alone, in every and any case will totally conquer gout.

A few other items to give a person the maximum arsenal include:

ROSEMARY, TURMERIC, BAKING SODA, MAGNESIUM supplement, ONIONS and lots

of other vegetables, except for possibly spinach, cauliflower, peas, and

mushrooms.

Also we should take in 3 LITRES Of FLUIDS  per day

with 1.5 litres being WATER. 

Especially for those with more severe cases, it is best to rely on a good

combination of anti-gout items rather than just 1 or 2.

Avoid meat, seafood, and alcohol or you are playing with fire. For many

diet alone is not enough. Consult with your Doctor about being put on 

another "curative" - ALLOPURINOL. I also take Allopurinol. I say approach

Gout from all angles and do not search endlessly for one "Magic Bullet".

• Posted

P.S. Also, CELERY SEED can often be found in the baking goods section

of larger supermarkets at a much cheaper price than in capsule or pill 

form on-line. A very effective way to use the raw celery seed is to make a 

tea out of it. Steep for a full ten minutes and enjoy it for what it can do, not

for the taste.

• Posted

1 teaspoon of CELERY SEED per cup is enough. It should not be used if you

are on blood-pressure medications as in combination they can cause 

your blood pressure to drop to a dangerously low level.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.