GP Refusal(s) re Classification/DS1500 Form For PiP/DWP?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My new NHS-GP had previously refused to complete my DS1500 form & today, I had written confirmation of this after:-

1) i had been confirmed with having a tumour of the Pancreas in early Oct. 2014, why? &;

2) I had symptoms of this from early June 2014(my former GP practise refused me physical examination) why? &;

3) this former GP had damage of my immune system since 2008 but had refused then, my request for investiation, why? &;

4) it was DWP staff who in late Sept. 2014 stated that; (a) I had 'a terminal Illness,' &; (b) instructed me to go to my new GP practise & get him to complete a DS1500 after; (c) I notified them of my change in circumstances (My Tumour) &; (d)they DWP, confirmed that I had applied for PiP in late 2013 but which still has not been processed, why?

5) what shall I do, can anybody advice please for, (a) I cannot get PiP without my GP, completing this form & according to DWP I'm entitled? &; (b) my former GP refused in 2008/2009 to complete DLA forms, even though I've had serious comolications to my spine since, 1999/2006/2008? Thank you.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for the clarification.   I understand what you said.  Do you have documentation of your cancer diagnosis?  Do you have any more specific information than 'tumor of the pancreas' and 'terminal illness'?   Have any doctors talked to you about a treatment plan?  i'm just asking what i would ask if it was me, it's well known that cancer is not something to delay treatment of.  I sure hope you can get the paperwork for the disability income, so you can just focus on getting your condition treated.  If you don't have copies of documentation of your diagnosis from the people who did the scan or from the doctor that ordered it, or from whoever told you the result,  it might be helpful in the long run to get copies. i hope that the lack of clear information may mean that things are not as bad as they sound and that your condition is treatable and not necessarily terminal. 
    • Posted

we can but pray that it's not 'terminal..' I'm sure gonna try to make sure it's not!   There was no care plan in place until yesterday afternoon when I got peopel off their backsides & got things sorted.

I'm on the cancellation list as of last Friday, with the hope to have the 'head of the Pancreas removed in December 2014, I hope else, I will have to wait until 15 Jan. 2015, too many other's who require surgery the consultant surgeon said. 

Your right Jaw444, there's a waiting limit of 62 weeks for all Cancers by which they have to operate however, they(NHS) can decide when that starts from... so becomes legally contestable which most Cancer patients don't want the stress off so, don't go down such a path...  I'll contact a lawyer later today, to get things happening via GP though otherwise, they do little as possible!  Thank you.

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're having such a horrible time with your Drs.  Sometimes you wonder if they have an empathetic bone in their body.  They all should be a patient with no end in sight for their doctor's and/or insurance's participation.
    • Posted

then we wouldn't have any doctors to cure/operate on us, I guess Genna so, we need them... :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.