grand unveiling

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been 11days since my bilateral scarf and akin osteotomy (double bunion open) and tomorrow is the grand unveiling. I'm a bit nervous as I'm not sure what to expect but also weirdly excited at the prospect of seeing my feet again and I am planning to take a photo to record the progress.

From what I have read, most of you seem to have gone back to the hospital to have dressings changed but I'm just going to the practice nurse at my GP surgery. 

I assume that I'll have another dressing put on but I'm not sure what happens after that.

I don't see the consultant until 4th September.

Do I continue to wear the special shoes?

Do I try to put more weight on my feet?

Do I still need to elevate?

Has anyone else been given any follow on advice?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ladies

I had my plaster and dressing off on Monday after 12 days and my surgeon has but me in toe straps for 4 weeks and I still have to wear the shoes for the same time. But he did say if I didn't wear then 24/7 he would put me back in plaster. I am really pleased but it may also depend on what type of surgery you have as my neighbour had one of her feet done and she was in a slipper cast .

I had two scarf with screws in both feet 😳 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.