Green stool , PPI. HELP!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. I am a male 24 yrs old. never had any intestinal problems or stomach problems. i'm not overwheight also. i had a bout of anxiety for one week due to college stress and i went to the doctor as i was feeling ill. she prescribed an weak anti anxiety medicine which helped and im no longer anxious. but with that she also prescribed omeprazole so protect the stomach. i took it for 1 week and a half and then i noticed my stool had become green. its been like this for 4 or 5 days and she said to stop taking it which i did 6 days ago. Could it be related to omeprazole which lowered my stomach acid ( inever had stomach acid problems, only a little heartburn when i ate too much candy) or also stomach pain. im not in any intestinal pain and my stool is not diarrhea but it is a little bit loose which has been improving these days. i go to bathroom maybe 3 -4 times a day. a few days ago i had no apettite and was feeling nauseated but that has been improving as since today the nausea is gone and i have more apettite. i would like to know if it can be due to the drugs ( i researched thoroughly and itsĀ  a possibility) or some underlying condition. also sometimes i get ( i dont know how to explain it, its not pain just a feeling ) on the ribcage right side, but i cant tell if its from the muscles or the gallblader, the feeling seems much more on the surface than inside and it doesnt really hurt, but im most certain its from a muscle from sitting on the same position. thank you

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Green stool can come due to many reasons. If you had green leafy vegetables like spinach or even candies can create the same issue. I will advise you not to worry and visit a gastronoligist if problem persists.
    • Posted

i know that after researching but even if it was that it wouldnt persist for 6 days, so i'm sure its not that.
    • Posted

Hi, I know it's been a while now, but I'm going through very similar symptoms at close age, just with weight loss also (it's been over a month) wanted to know if you are better and how long it took you?

• Posted

hi, just came across this post. i'm 32 male. also having these symptoms (green stool for 1.5 yrs, anxiety since 16, inadvertent loss of 30 lbs of weight since 20 yrs old). has your situation improved?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.