Groin pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone I'd written on this group at 10 days post op and felt good but didn't know how I'd progressed ... I'm now 4 weeks post op and have a question . About a week ago I started having pain in my groin - both sides and this is really stopping me progress. I have seen a few threads commenting on groin pain and wondered what people's thoughts were and if it goes. It's quite painful and worse on my left side (had right hip done) makes me feel disappointed like I'm going backwards instead of forward !!!

would be grateful for any replies or anyone who's also experienced this!

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been post op 11 months and have deep groin pain. My surgeon took x-rays and said everything was fine. He said there is a tendon that crosses over where the cup is and possibly rubbing. He said I could get a shot in the tendon if that didn't work he said he may have to ajust the cup. That requires major surgery. I waited on the shot and it seems to be getting better. I think it's just time that heals.

• Posted

Finally had MRI results re. groin pain.  I have tears in acetabular labrum. Seeing surgeon this week. You mentioned injections.  Steroids?  Do you know if that's a long term option?

• Posted

Hello Angel,

I experienced pain in groin. More non operated leg. I had done my left hip

7 months ago and my right hip need to be done as well and hopefully

soon. That's normal if your non operated hip is not OK. You are only 4

weeks and you still heeling and heeling take time. Plus you put weight on non operated side and than this hip doing more work and groin hurt more. Rest if you need, do your excersice, go for walk,drink plenty of water, eat fruit and take medication when you need it. It will get better. I feel same way like you do. My non operated hip hurt and when hurt badly I take

pain killer. Im working in nursing home and some time even new hip hurt all dipend how much I do and how long im on my feet. Take day at the

time. Excersice it help. Hydro therapy is good.

Take care cheer up Heeling hug Madla💗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.