Groin pain, trouble urinating, numbness/tingerling, weakness 3 years

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am now a 22 year old male. 3 years ago i went on holiday, went jet sking/quad biking and took abit of battering in my pelvis and back, ached abit and then i was fine... for about 2 weeks. Then all this started, initialy with weak urine stream, pain urinating, pelvic pain and burning in the tip of my penis. It took the nhs more than six months to get me to see a uroligist where slowly i had, ultrasounds, blood tests, xrays, ct scan and a cystoscopy to try and find the cause of pain and urinary problems. nothing was found, i became depressed and remain incredibley depressed. they finaly diagnosed me with Chronic pelvic pain syndrome to which i was given physio and relaxation technics. slowly pain improved over the corse of 18 months but i still have to live with urinary pain and weak stream. since then i have had nerological problems (tingerling in feet, genitals, burning in legs and much of the rest of my body, weaknes in arms legs) i was given a mri of my brain, more bloods, urine tests, nerve conduction studies.... all clear again. recently i have developed siatica and chronic epididymitis (inflamation in one testical) groin pain and worsening of urinary syptoms. iv been given antibiotics that have not helped along with anti inflamitory meds... nothing has helped.

Im looking for anyone with an insight or idea who could help me now.... this is my last resort and im on the edge. knowone should live like this.

any idea of where to look, what could help, what it could be, what to do now?

So far i have had:

MRI: brain. upper spine

Blood tests of nearly everything

CT scans of brain

Nerve conduction tests

Urine tests- (everytime, no infection-EVER)

cystoscopy

X-rays

I have seen Uroligists, neuroligists many times.

my current syptoms are.... pain urinating, slow and weak urine stream, constipation, pain and numbness/tingerling of verious body parts specificly the legs and feet, siatica, mild back pain, very bad groin/testicular pain, occasional weakness in limbs.

Im asking for anyone who can help me... PLEASE!!!

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear ryan and all friends.

I was sufeering from all this hell from last 14 years.

After going throgh scrotum ultrasound to whole body nothing helped.

Only couple of days i find a solution after surfing accidentally on net.

Medical conditon is EPIDIDMYTIS.

Surf it on net and every thing related to condition . Symptoms and medication is mentiontione in

Epididmytis wikipedia.

Hope and pray it helps.

I m feeling better day by day

Wish u all luck

• Posted

I realise that it is over two and a half years since you posed this problem. I hope that you have since found an answer and suitable treatment. However, if this is not the case, investigate Cauda Equina Syndrome.

When Back Pain [u]suddenly[/u] occurs (possibly through an accident, but not necessarily) and is combined with a [u]sudden[/u] numbness or tingling in the genital area and the back of the legs, plus weakness in the legs and difficulty urinating, you should treat this as a medical emergency. The commonest cause of Cauda Equina Syndrome is often  (but not always) a large disc hernia in the lower back that allows the nerve to get trapped just above the area of the bladder. The two spinal vertebrae then compress the nerve serving the back of the legs and the genital area. This is often mistaken for sciatica as the same group of nerves are involved, thus giving the classic Sciatica symptoms. Sciatica SHOULD NOT HOWEVER  involve the genital area. This is the main difference between the two groups of symptoms

If you have not had a specific and detailed MRI scan for Cauda Equina Syndrome, it is common to miss the cause.  It is often mistaken for sciatica as the same group of nerves are involved thus giving the classic Sciatica symptoms. Remember though, Sciatica SHOULD NOT involve the genital area.

DO NOT take this as a definitive diagnosis. All converstations leading to diagnosis and any treatment MUST start with your GP.

Having investigated any possible cause, you should aways discuss this with your GP.

I strongly advise, before taking any drugs to fight these symptoms, consult your GP. Do not self diagnose and prescribe anything as any drug you take, even common cold remedies, can have an adverse effect on NHS prescription drugs.

I should add that I have previously been with the NHS for 32 years although now retired.

• Posted

Hi Ryan,iam glad I read your story I identified with much of your story.My self iam awaiting surgery on my spine,in the last year my condition as changed in many ways the doctors say it's all down to my lower spine I'm on 900mgs gabapentin 3 times a day ammeltryptalin 20mgs at night morpine tabs 20mgs morpine solution when pain gets severe ,but still numbness in left leg now testicle )in last few days when I get up from me chair to get anything I need I have to be so careful my leg almost goes it's a bit scary but I train myself . Reading the stories tonight as made me know I'm not alone Many thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.