Guilty binge drinker

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone,

I am detoxing at home from drinking i dont know how many bottles of vodka, and beer for the last 5 days around the clock the first three days the last 2 days to avoid the horrible withdrawl symptoms, then when i cant anymore i must take valium 2 times a day or else i feel i will die. today is the first day since i started the detox that i can est solid food, to get stronger and get the anxiety, guilt and confusion out of my mind, from all the people i could have hurt in relapse. i cant go cold turkey or else i feel i will die. This pattern happens once every 2 months, in between i dont drink at all. Im what you call a binge drinker. My mother and grandfather where alcoholics so i suppose its in my genetics. I dont know what do to get better soon, i need to go to work in the next four days and i feel horrible, both emotionally and physically. i feel tired, shaky and anxious and so so depressed. I need to get well asap and i know there is no miracle but any advice will help. i dont even know how i get home when i travel from abroad, dont remember the taxis, the plane and the train home... im surprise i havent been killed or kidnapped, ohhh and the money i spend stupidly during my binge drinking days, it terrifies me.

JUST NEED SOME SUPPORT FROM OTHER RIGHT NOW. have been today crying all day, after the physical pain comes the depression for me and the guilt and this is where i am right now.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi my drinking pattern is the exact same as yours.

i know how hard it is to try and pick yourself up and rebuild yourself physically and mentally every two months but you have to do it. in a week everything will be fine. just keep eating and replensihing your body so as not too prolong the withdrawal and to flush your system.

this will be ok, you will be ok. just keep trying and get back on the horse.

the anxiety and withdrawal will subside, after a five day relapse i would shake uncontrollably in bed knowing that one drink of whiskey would stop this.

the question is why do i not want another drink and the answer is because i know what it has done to me over the past week and it has made me how i feel right now!

stay strong and good luck

• Posted

hi my drinking pattern is the exact same as yours.

i know how hard it is to try and pick yourself up and rebuild yourself physically and mentally every two months but you have to do it. in a week everything will be fine. just keep eating and replensihing your body so as not too prolong the withdrawal and to flush your system.

this will be ok, you will be ok. just keep trying and get back on the horse.

the anxiety and withdrawal will subside, after a five day relapse i would shake uncontrollably in bed knowing that one drink of whiskey would stop this.

the question is why do i not want another drink and the answer is because i know what it has done to me over the past week and it has made me how i feel right now!

stay strong and good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.