Guilty of not exercising

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am five months TKR and still have pain when walking. Everytme I tried to do more exercises at the gym my pain increased and knee swelled even more. 

So...I laid off the exercising and just did basic leg stretches and knee bends at home.

I live in a bungalow and I am seventy seven, not a youngster anymore.

I am getting depressed as I thought I should be practically pain free by now but I'm not. Today I am getting a sickening bone pain from my knee down my shin bone and pain at the back of my leg.

Quite a few people I have met who have had TKR tell me I should be pain free now as they were.  

My question is....should I go back to the gym and get on the bike? 

I get no advice from the doctor and I don't see any physio.I am just left to my own devices.I feel as though this is it and I will never enjoy my walks in the country and walks by the sea again.

Any advice at this stage would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.