gut ache 😡

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone

although ive had nearly every symptom to do with menopause. .one paticular one stands out from the rest and has been bothersome for years now and thats nausea and a feeling in my guts that ive been punched or feels like i have a bug ....i am limited as to what i eat because some foods seem to make it worse its a nightmare because i crave for foods i cant have ...my doctor did mention ibs and the symptoms are simular ..but this just seems to have started around peri i am post menopause now ....has anyone else had this ...

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there, I have this too.  Sickness, shivering and irritated bowel.  I have it right now!!! The runs and sore tummy!!  Not good!!  It started with the menopause and I am pretty sure it is not IBS.  Usually last 2/3/hours!!!  I am now on HRT but not really helping this symptom so far.  Only been two weeks tho so see how it goes.  Hope you feel better soon.XXX
    • Posted

Thanks Margaret

I am mostly constipated and have diarrhea now and again ...its so bloomin horrible its the gut ache that I hate the most sad ....

Awww I hope your tummy settles too x

• Posted

Yes Suesun 

I still do and I am limited to what I can eat. I stay away from tomatoes, Bell peppers, humus, onions, garlic its okay to eat white bread, plain muffin, plain bagels, stay away from wheat they say so its okay to eat spaghetti white and white rice, and chicken and turkey and fish is okay to eat when it is boiled or you can boil them pork is okay to eat a lot of vegtables stay away from like peas, beans, Potatoes are good to eat do not add any flavoring eat them bland and it will help your stomach stay away from caffiene, sugar subsitute sugar, and chocolate this can make IBS worse. 

I have to be careful to because i have IBS and things just go right through me stay away from califlower. 

Ask your doctor for the fod map for IBS and that will tell you the foods to stay away from Eat a little bit at a time do not eat big meals 

• Posted

Hi Susan, I have all those problems as well, also with cauliflower and potatoes, very limited now. Do you feel bloated as well ? X 😒
    • Posted

Thankyou Susan for all that info ...i eat chicken and potatoes mainly and limit myself to 2 piecesof bread a day which is fine ...but for the first time ever I had a chicken subway yesterday and I think thats whats kicked.it off again ...I hate not being able to eat the yummy things I crave for ...i can eat oven chips but not chippy chips and i eat chocolate in moderation ....a lot of things are off limits tho ...and no big meals sad x
    • Posted

Hi Lou86...

Its awful isnt it feeling this way ...I do get bloated sometimes and I look 9 mths pregnant lol...I wonder if and when it will ever end sad x

• Posted

Yes it's horrible it really is, feel for you - do you get nausea as well ? I do and fatigue, no appetite, tired no energy, achy oh for gods sake the bloating is evil, as soon as I eat it's like someone's pumping me up, and I don't feel like it will ever end and it's pretty depressing, oh to be young again and wish I appreciated it more when I had it ! X😢
    • Posted

Yes i get fatigue too and bad nausea when my guts are bad i cant eat but I do have a good appetite ..but never no what to eat and im scared to try things incase my guts start getting bad ....oh yes to be young again even 40 would do lol ...boo hoo to getting older smile x
    • Posted

Bloating, cramps and constipation and TERRIBLE aching in my body, worst in the middle of the night, although I do lots of stretching excercising when I get up in the morning which helps but it's there in the background all the time

am knackered by sevenish in the evenings, could easily go to bed then 

when I'm bloated I have no appetite at all ugh

• Posted

Yuk it's all so awful and quite depressing as well, I hope the diet works for you though, I'm like you can't touch bread even brown or granary, potatoes are a big NO , I have been looking at the Foodmap diet that's eliminates wheat and gluten which seems to be a big cause of bloating and for me it's really bad, and I'm gonna give it a good go, I hope it helps, gone are the days I could eat anything and quite happily demolish a great big bar of chocolate and a bag of crisps !! oh my lord if I eat chocolate now stomach bloats so much I can't move - but the very worst has got to be bread and I do t k ow about you but it's like you can't breathe it's HORRIBLE x
  • Posted

i just started to really feel the symptoms of peri - i'm 52 and JUUUUST started irregular periods; my first this period, yay, but only 3 days late, soooo - and one thing that is kind of worrisome is the lack of appetite.   when i do eat something that i'm really looking forward to - but it can't be spicy or heavy, or i'll start flushing and palpitations! - i have repercussions through the night.  i'll either get hot flashes by 9pm, or wake up at 3:30 feeling nauseous or crampy.    it seems my worst symptoms are at night.   i don't have an appetite during the day, but i'd like to eat the dinners i make for my family....!!  can't seem to eat much of anything though.  i've lost 15 pounds in 2 months.  and that's even with hypothyroidism.  anybody else lose their appetite and weight??? 
    • Posted

Yes I have lost weight due to loss of appetite.  It is partly due to exercise but could not eat much around Christmas due to sickness and have never put it back on.  Appetite just never been the same.X
  • Posted

I've found since being in the proper menopause stage my ibs is worse in that my gut reacts quicker to the kind of foods that don't agree with me.

white bread, white rice, white spaghetti in fact are the worse so I try not to eat any bread but if I do then it's wholemeal with lots of seeds in it, and wholewheat brown rice and wholewheat pasta

My symptoms are bloated tummy, constipation, feeling knackered and low energy and nausea

Ive started a healthy eating plan with less fruit and more veg, low carbs, high protein and low salt and sugar as well as drinking lots of water And excercising to help me to lose two stone - hoping this will help with menopause and ibs 

• Posted

Yea Kat I find that too ..my guts are so sensative ..i can eat pasta and white rice but not with any sauces so they are a bit boring ..i can eat fish chicken ..but not red meats ..its so much trial and error finding out what you can and carnt eat ...I sometimes look at things I would love to eat but i say to myself nahh not worth the suffering if it doesnt agree and so I think i have a bit of a food phobia...i love eating cornflakes tho and my kids and grandkids say im going to end up looking like them ha ha ....well done you starting a healthy eating plan ..smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.