gut ache 😡

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone

although ive had nearly every symptom to do with menopause. .one paticular one stands out from the rest and has been bothersome for years now and thats nausea and a feeling in my guts that ive been punched or feels like i have a bug ....i am limited as to what i eat because some foods seem to make it worse its a nightmare because i crave for foods i cant have ...my doctor did mention ibs and the symptoms are simular ..but this just seems to have started around peri i am post menopause now ....has anyone else had this ...

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too am in this gang. I've had IBS for a couple of decades, bread is not good for me, never onions, garlic, beans, pulses, cauli, brussels, cabbage, lentils are evil. I don't eat pasta or rice through choice anyhow.

Bloating and wind are the worst for me, I feel tired (just had bloods redone) also I now get silent reflux which I'd never had before peri and this is my worst sympton with the burning mouth it causes.

• Posted

Hi middlemuddle

I dont eat much veg just carrots and garden peas...i cant eat salad stuff because that will kick off my guts too and i eat bread in moderation ...

I too am always full of wind and that can be so embarrasing some.times ...but i have to let go or ill be full of wind pains lol...

The doctor perscibed omeprazole for my reflux and indigestion and I find they are really good ..x

• Posted

Yes tried omeprazole, made mine worst, had endoscopy, no problems found so I just put up with it. It is just the burning mouth which causes me a problem.

I can eat kale, asparagas, spinach fine which all are good for my iron and folate deficiencies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.