Gynaecologist Useless!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there, I have now seen the gynaecologist but it was a waste of time I think!

Docs have told me for 18 months that I've got Vaginal Atrophy and my symptoms match what is mentioned in websites and leaflets re this condition. Soreness, wanting to wee all the time etc.

Anyway I put all my cards on the table with this gynaecologist. But she never mentioned Vaginal Atrophy. Never picked up on it. Anyway fair do's, she gave me a good internal examination. But afterwards she said it was probably Kitchen Sclerosis I had got so she prescribed me some steroid cream. Then she told me to keep using the HRT for the dryness. But I kept saying over and over that none of the three types of HRT that I had tried, worked for me! She never addressed the wanting to wee all the time or the bladder discomfort that comes with Vaginal Atrophy.

So now I feel quite fed up. I will try the creams she gave me, just in case they do help but I honestly think she wasn't hearing me and she is way off beam!!! sad

1 like, 126 replies

126 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just to say I have now ordered some Balance Active. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
  • Posted

Just to say I am having a good few days V A wise with minimal symptoms and discomfort. Daren't for one moment believe this is the end of it. I had a break from the V A last year too. But it soon came back. Never dreamt how wonderful it would be to just sit without pain and not having to get up to the loo all the time. It won't last though.
    • Posted

I had 2 weeks pretty much symptom free,so i made the mistake of not useing ointment etc on the vulva,well ive learned I should use them whether symptoms or not,or I will get symptoms lol. Keep us posted and glad you feel better.
  • Posted

Well that was short lived wasn't it?!! The urge to wee all the time is returning and the soreness is building up again too. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.