H. pylori 1st treatment failed

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just had a stool test result back and I'm still infected with H.pylori. I just freaked out, cried a lot and I feel really sad and worried. I've been for many months now with a gastritis, which is so painful and have a lot of nausea too. I also have a baby to take care of. All this made me so tired and depressed. Sometimes I feel I just want to die so I dont feel pain anymore. What do you do if the treatment fails? GP gave me again antibiotics but I know now that they dont work. 

Is there any other options, treatments? Please help.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you now Leni? We've spoken before on the gb group I think. I feel like I have the same issues as you. I had my gb removed in October 15 and and nothing but problems since. I have stomach burning and gnawing pain can last for days at a time, feel very hungry all the time too. Gp said gastritis and gave me omeprazole I really think I must have h pylori too. I am going to make appt to ask go to check for h pylori.

I really hope things improve for you soon I also have a 1 year old and it's so hard to carry on with this pain x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.