H-pylori gone but not the pain

Posted , 26 users are following.

Anout 7 months ago I was treated for H-pylori. 2 months later an endoscopy revealed it had been eradicated. The stomach pain persisted. Had a HIDA scan , normal , colonoscopy , normal , upper G I ,normal , heart cath , normal , another upper G I , normal. Had numerous ct scans , all normal. My upper abdomin is still giving horrific problems. Last night , I ate 4 trisket crackers . Went to bed around 11pm. Woke at 6 am with severe bloating and pain. Its been this way for 7 months now. The gastro doc just seems to scratch his head and says its gerd or acid reflux. But really has no helpful info on what to do about this.

However , after the last endoscopy , the pictures did show about 3 or 4 red areas inside my stomach. The doc said they were ulcers. So I've stayed clear of all fried foods . In fact I've stayed clear of all unhealthy foods. Don't really know what else to try. Has anyone had ongoing problems after this long ? Going to my GP on the 28th of Sept. but don't know what to say anymore. Any ideas ? I posted here when I was first diagnosed with H-Pylori and had many suggestions. Just about everyone said things shoud get back to normal after a month or so. Well that didn't happen. Thanks , in advance to anyone responding to this..

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you have ulcers caused by H. pylori, you'll need treatment to kill the germs, heal your stomach lining, and keep the sores from coming back. It usually takes 1 to 2 weeks of treatment to get better

• Edited

I'm having the exact same problems. much pain right in the center of my chest every time I eat and even when I'm not eating. however mine is a company with the mouth watering that comes right before you vomit and it just Waters and Waters even though I don't throw up and I even feel nauseous like I'm going to throw up but I don't throw up and it'll happen at sometimes two 3:00 in the morning and wake me up out of a dead sleep..anyone else? any advice? cuz i have NO insurance..

• Posted

with my h-pylori, it was not discovered for months and then it was not treated as h-pylori it was just treated as a normal tummy bug for months until I went to the local ED. I was treated by them and then I got a negative result back and still to this date I am trying to get back to normal eating and stuff. I went onto the CPAP for my Sleep Apnea, but that didn't work for me and I have had to stop using it. I was not given any antacids with my antibiotics until I was saying I could not handle the CPAP bloating and then I was given it. I seem to be possibly allergic to the Omeprazole, Pantoprazole and maybe even the Lanzoprazole or they're hard for me to handle yet a couple of people in my family are able to have it. I just had surgery for gynaecology issues and yup that's made things feel a hundred times worse.

• Posted

Salts and sugars can make things worse. Because of acids they both carry naturally. This is why sugar provokes tooth decay and salt is an anti-infection remedy. Despite the fact that salt and sugar are acidic, they do the opposite of each other. Its best to wait a couple of weeks before eating normal salty and sugary foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.