H pylori Postive, Very sick after taking medicine. Severe depression and anxiety

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi 

I am 28 years old and I have had stomach pains for 5 years, we did endoscopy in 2015 and nothing was found I kept asking them for stool test and finally found I am H pylori  I lost 4 stones in the matter of 4 years and continued to lose weight. The doctors kept sending me back saying its nothing as endoscopy didnt find Ulcer. after been given Amoxiclllin 500MG taking Two twice a day, Omeprazole 20MG taken One twice a day. Clarithromycin tablet 500mg to be One a day twice a day.

I took Omeprazole 20MG in the morning before food, and ate Oats, and then I had Amoxicllin capsule 500mg one and then spaced the dosage of Clarithromycin space of 2 hours. At night i had Amoxicillin and then Omeprazole I felt very sick and did sick on the second day of having Amoxcillin capsule at 8pm and then omprazole at 9pm... I wanted to ask what diet should I be on at the moment I am only eating small meals of boiled lentils and beans. And has anyone taken these dosages that it didnt make them sick? Thank you very much sad Its been a tough ride with severe depression and axiety sad

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I know this is the worst treatment, but this is what you have to stick with when fighting the h Pylori. I didn‘t do my first round wrong and had to go another 3 weeks!!

Drink water, then eat hot oats with first, wait a little bit and then take the meds - antibiotics first and then the stuff for the acid Reflux.. always eat oats a little before the meds..

When bacteria die it gives you terrible heartburn and that‘s why you are taking the Omeprazole.

Make sure to not eat anything that makes you bloated. Eat plain.. rice, white bread.. nothing  fatty, fried, too sour or spicy.... don‘t drink milk for the heartburn - it will make it worse. You can have kefir, sauerkraut - everything fermented,

Also don‘t take probiotics now since they will all be killed. 

But as soon as you are finished with antibiotics take probiotics and also eat clean.. and stay away from sugar. Bacteria feed from sugar

Stomach pain in general- I take calcium/magnesium supplement and that works wonders..

• Posted

how much intensity your stomach pain has and does magnesium help with that?
    • Posted

Thank you very much for an amazing reply CTh, I have Omprazole and then ate weetabix and wait for 2 hours and had Amoxcillin  and then eat and then have Clarithromycin Tablet  I ate very small portions every 2 hours. I missed 3 days of 1 capsule at night for omprazole, I noticed that I waqs getting acid refulx with antibotics so I took Amoxcillin antibiotics an hour later omproazole I was sick and puked yesterday... So today I had Omeprazole 20MG (1) - Light food, Claristhromycin Tablet (1) (500mg) Omeprazole 20MG (2) so two omprazole capsules in total. No Anti botics today.
    • Posted

You are not supposed to skip when trying to kill hpylori with antibiotics. If you cant bear it discontinue the antibiotics all together. By the way I am not free from hpylori, its better that you dont know my story yet. Just try Mastic Gum for your acid reflux.
    • Posted

Yh I will discues that with GP tommaro smile thank you and I know u can do it and get better
    • Posted

Honestly I wouldnt take antibiotics for it ever. Antibiotics have ruined my my life. I didnt have any hpylori symptoms but docs are robots they only do what they are programmed to do that is prescribe poison even when you dont need them.
    • Posted

Hi, I think it is more the Calcium that helps, but both is binding the acid in the stomach... that's why it helps. The stomach pain is from 1-10 maybe a 5.. 

• Posted

I know it is really hard. I think I took all tablets the same time, but In can't remember 100% ... but I know (and always do before I take any meds) that I had oatmeal before to line the stomach... 

And you can't miss any antibiotics.. otherwise the doc will tell you to do this whole thing again.. (like me : )

The acid reflux is really normal with this since the bacteria die so fast...you can read all about the die off online.. 

• Posted

thanks actually magnesium precede calcium when it comes to stomach pain probably because it relaxes muscles and nerves. Magnesium is used specifically for stomach pain thats why I asked, I am glad it helped you.
    • Posted

I am not taking antibiotics.  I stopped taking gabapentin three weeks ago.  am hoping the side effects of going off of this drug coincide with what I am experiencing: bloating, pain in stomach, some nausea, fatigue, etc.
  • Posted

The worst thing you can do is to stop antibiotics half way of the treatment, you're making the bacteria antibiotic resistance itll be harder to eradicate and you gonna have to take a different kind antibiotics for a longer course ask your doctor for something to coat your stomach and help with the pain like carafate for as long as you have h pilory you're not gonna see an improvement on your health,I finished my treatment 6 weeks ago and it's time to get retested ,trust me I'm not exactly good but way better than before the meds

• Posted

Thank you soo much for the reply and encouragement I will absolutley restart stright away only missed the antibotics yesterday still had ther Clarithromycin 1 tablet though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.