Had a look

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well some of you regulars may have been reading about the burning, stinging vulva tenderness I have been having for the past seven or so weeks. Was seen twice by Gynae registrar at four weeks post operation and then five weeks after. Ten days ago I went to casualty (on their advice), casualty doctor kind of examined me but admitted that she had no idea what she was looking for but called Gynae doctor who said they were too busy to see me and sent me home. Discomfort has been so bad today I decided to get a mirror out and have a good look. Poor hubby is shining a torch while I am crouched over a enlarging mirror. 😭 I have these four large (what look like white fluid filled mouth ulcers, two on either side of my lower vaginal wall. No much wonder I am uncomfortable 😞. I have my post operative check up on Monday and it can't come soon enough for me. OUCHY, OUCHY

0 likes, 125 replies

125 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh barbara you poor thing. Hope this gets sorted out tomorrow x
  • Posted

Poor you! I am 7 months post op and started spotting blood with a discharge and then I saw a couple of stitches down the loo when I had a wee. Saw practice nurse who actually took a look (waited 16 weeks for my post op check at which surgeon asked me how I was and signed me off. No examination!) and she found an open, weeping patch about size of a 10 pence piece. Stitches hadn't dissolved and tissue had started to grow over them, they finally fell out and left this raw patch. Outcome is that I will need to have it cauterised at the hospital - ouchy in the extreme I think.Β 

The moral of this tale is that we women know our bodies and know when something is wrong! Good luck on Monday.

• Posted

Jools don't worry if you need the wound cauterised, I've had it twice, once following my hysterectomy and then after prolapse surgery and I didn't feel a thing. I've also seen it done on patients and none of them complained.
    • Posted

Thanks for telling me that. I have a very high pain threshold but the thought of someone doing that ............Β 

It's very reassuring to hear that it's ok.

• Posted

I have a low pain threshold but knew it was unlikely to hurt because of the patients I'd looked after following their cauterisation and I was right. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
  • Posted

Two really bad nights in a row.have become very weepy, which is not me. I have to lay in bed holding one of my buttocks away from the other so vaginal entrance is not touching. Hardly drinking as urine or even water is burning me when it touches ulcers. 3 15 is my outpatients appointment they had better be able to do something for me or I may just walk in front of the nearest bus.
    • Posted

Aww bless you hope they get it sorted for I will be thinking of you 😘 let us no how you get on x
    • Posted

Oh how have you coped over the weekend with that !! Sounds absolutely awful !! They will definitely get you some treatment today !! Sending big hugs xx
    • Posted

Oh barbara they will definitely do something this afternoon. I know it's painful when you pass urine but please don't get dehydrated because that will make you feel even worse.Β 
    • Posted

Been thinking of you - be brave! They will help you but, judging by some of my past experiences with the medical profession, you may have to be strong and forceful. Do not let them fob you off. Can your husband or a friend go with you to add support? Β Take care. X
  • Posted

Well I am home. I was not going mad. Registrar examined me then he called through his consultant. They both said Ouchy but did not come up with any answers for me. They said that they hadn't seen anything like that before. Said that surgery went well and I have been healing well.

They have given me Instagel to put on around the sore area to give the ulcers a chance to heal. Seeing me again in three weeks time.

No antibiotics or anything though.

Was hoping for some answers though 😞

• Posted

Sorry Barbara my grandaughter was on my knee why didn't they give you any antibiotics x
    • Posted

I think I would feel the same as you like I hadn't quite been given enough answers to just go home with some cream for 3 weeks !! But saying that here's hoping and praying that the cream allows those ulcers to heal for you as this op takes enough out of you without the pain and discomfort you are having to endure now ! Thoughts and Hugs coming your way X
    • Posted

He said that they did not look like they were infected nor did they see any sign of discharge etc. Said to go back before if any worse.
    • Posted

Oh Barbara I had hoped you would get a bit more information. What pain relief are you taking? If it's not enough ring your GP in the morning and ask for something stronger. Keep in touch 😘😘
    • Posted

Just Nurofen as and when. Will start this Instagel tonight. Bit worried as bumf says don't use if mucus membrane is not intact. 😞
    • Posted

To be honest I did think about that however if the consultant prescribed it it must be ok.Β 
    • Posted

Hi barbara again. I think I'm getting Instagel confused with something else. Is that the only name on the box?
    • Posted

Instillagel (lidocaine hydrochloride, chlorhexidine etc.)
    • Posted

Same stuff they use when catheterising especially men.
    • Posted

I know what you mean now, it was Instagel I wasn't sure about. It's probably going to sting when you use it.
    • Posted

Oh I'm wincing just thinking about it !! Hope it's ok and seriously must be some stronger painkillers you can take for a couple of days with the nurofen !!? X
    • Posted

Well I have just inserted and used 1/3 of a syringe πŸ’‰ of the gell. I wont use the other type of gel (the moisturizer one) till the ulcers are gone. I hope it wasn't that that caused them. It stung a bit but settling down a bit now.
    • Posted

Poor you. Hope not too painful. Sleep well if you can. X

Β 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.