Had a look

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well some of you regulars may have been reading about the burning, stinging vulva tenderness I have been having for the past seven or so weeks. Was seen twice by Gynae registrar at four weeks post operation and then five weeks after. Ten days ago I went to casualty (on their advice), casualty doctor kind of examined me but admitted that she had no idea what she was looking for but called Gynae doctor who said they were too busy to see me and sent me home. Discomfort has been so bad today I decided to get a mirror out and have a good look. Poor hubby is shining a torch while I am crouched over a enlarging mirror. 😭 I have these four large (what look like white fluid filled mouth ulcers, two on either side of my lower vaginal wall. No much wonder I am uncomfortable 😞. I have my post operative check up on Monday and it can't come soon enough for me. OUCHY, OUCHY

0 likes, 125 replies

125 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well maybe I did it wrong but can't say the anaesthetic gel made me anymore comfortable. I read the instructions and how to put it on. Said to either squirt from the syringe a quantity in and with a gloved fingertip spread it around sore area.

I hardly slept. Woke up with a tension headache worried that I will have to stay off of work longer. Have been away from my job for 11 weeks now and was planning to go back on Monday.

Going in to see the school manager this morning.

• Posted

Early days, give it 48 hours, most things take that long to have some effect. But do ring GP if you are in too much pain or worried. X
    • Posted

Sending you hugs this morning barbara. Remember your health comes first 😘😘
  • Posted

Aww bless you I bet.just give it another day..I would prob go back to your gp if it's still the same tommorow..it needs sorting you have suffered enough.,maybe time to kick off. about it ..🙈😟
    • Posted

The hospital registrar did apologise yesterday for the way I was treated in casualty. He was a lovely chap who seemed genuinely concerned about me.

I really expected swabs to be taken and to be given antibiotics as well.

• Posted

That was nice..but at the end of the day it's not really fair for you to be suffering in this way..it's bad enough anyway without having to deal with this it must be terrible esp as your wanting to return to work..and I can imagine if your like me you don't want to be off any longer..because it takes ages to feel 100% but you have to be 100% right to go back..X
    • Posted

I'm worried because I think I've got a water infection I can't stop goin..so I'm taking a sample in today..but last time I took one Init was fine but still had the same prob..I see my consultant Friday..I have a list of questions lol
    • Posted

Let us no what the school says xx
    • Posted

That's what I meant when I said a low grade infection, it doesn't always show up debra.
    • Posted

Does that mean they won't give me anything for it
    • Posted

Depends on your GP. If he thinks your symptoms warrant an antibiotic then yes but you'll probably need to speak to him.
    • Posted

debra some urologists think that the best way to treat a low lying infection that is causing problems is with long term antibiotics. If I remember correctly they can prescribe them for about 3 months and sometimes it could be a lower dose. Having said that if it happens frequently it's best to rule out any other problems.
    • Posted

Oh ok I will see what my gp says and thank you..😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.